How does "Tire Pass" at Loves work?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Grumppy, Jun 1, 2015.

1. HardlyWorkingNeverHome

HardlyWorkingNeverHome Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Hamden,CT
    It is still a concept for Loves at this point. They are still working out the pricing, including ways to earn free credits like showers we get. The original location was a complete failure in Hubbard OH last winter. They will figure it out.

WisconsinF150 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    That's when you pull out a knife, slice his emergency air supply line and say "Now you can't move."

WisconsinF150 and HorseShoe Thank this.
  4. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015

5. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Thanks for the info on the edit feature... I found it.
    You're /you are WAS my intended and correct usage.

"so you are never away from a pump".

You did make me scratch my noggin, though! Thanks again.

6. HardlyWorkingNeverHome

HardlyWorkingNeverHome Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Hamden,CT

I was looking at the last sentence when I posted. I missed the your from the sentence before.

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  7. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Well, I saw I had credits on my card, had half way figured how it worked - so thought I'd give it a go.

"Get your tires checked and equalised in the same time it takes to fuel!" No. BS. It takes me 8 minutes to fuel - this ordeal wasted 45 minutes.

Tech (pah) was pressure washing the fuel bay. I call in - he sees me and radios fuel desk, which comes back through my speaker - "Gonna be a while, I'm pressure washing the bay".

Comes and says the same to me - I say, "Well, can't you wash another bay?" He shrugs and says "Yeah, I guess"

Turns out it's him doing the job. SMH.

Anyways, I tell him 110 all round - he looks surprised and wants to get into a tire discussion. I shut that down.

My steer suddenly develops a leak from the valve stem. He disappears to the tire shop. Comes back - puts on valve pass through deal - fingertight. Tire is at 105 when I check it. New steer tire, 3 months old. I'm not happy. It turns out to have been a bit of grit holding my valve open, after going over to the tire shop and airing it myself, because the stupid machine can't just deliver air on demand after the ordeal.

They take tread depth and original PSI. Give you a printout. Depth of tread recordings are ALL OVER THE SHOW. On 3 month old tires.

Conclusion. Exactly as I thought. Just typical of Loves, and I usually avoid them. Stick their fingers into everything they think they can make a buck out of - and screw it up. Factoring - really? Tire shops - OK, this machine - Nah.

I can check and air 18 tires in 40 minutes myself with a decent air supply and enough hose, but i thought the trade for $10 might be worth my time - not really.

Another fan dangle new idea to teach new drivers how to get lazier and expect more for less.

sawmill, icsheeple and TripleSix Thank this.
  8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    I avoid them too. Seems to be the fuel stop of choice for the Braindead.

sawmill and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  9. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I timed myself this morning. It took me 3 minutes to check my tire pressure on all 10 tires.

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  10. FwL

FwL Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Sandpoint, ID
    Was in buying a new tire giage and clerk says, "You don't need one of these if you use our service."

I just looked at him and replied, "You don't have Tire Pass in Northern Alberta."

He went, "Oh." and rang up my tire guage.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  11. Ken Worth

Ken Worth Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Great Plains
    I love Love's shop, but this doesn't seem like something I'd be interested in. I was very impressed with their techs and facilities the few times I needed minor repairs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.