How long should I stay?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Odin's Rabid Dog, Feb 17, 2020.

1. booley

booley Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2008
    My daughter in law is from Kalispell. Spent about a week and a half there summer of '18. Beautiful country! We rode on a tour boat around Flathead Lake, with a jazz band playin' on the top deck. It was a hoot! Also did a bunch of hiking around the area.
    Sorry I don't have any career advice, but I sure was impressed with all the different vehicle combinations you guys got out there...

Odin's Rabid Dog Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Springtime is essentially here.

If you can hang in there a little time see what is possible.

Try to have them steps bolted on. Its a very important issue.

Odin's Rabid Dog Thanks this.
  4. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    I realized, after fighting through cooking dinner in a shoe box, that this tiny sleeper is my only real gripe.

Time to count myself lucky.

Thanks, guys.

FoolsErrand Thanks this.
  5. Odin's Rabid Dog

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    That's done. I was trying to use it as an example of how I have to go ballistic just to get basic things done, that really should have already been taken care of.

And... YAY SPRINGTIME!!! :)

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    In the old days I used a tone with manager, boss or dispatcher sometimes in person. Requesting home time two weeks in advance for oh... 5 days or so after months running. Maybe two weeks at most. Ive earned it and then some.

No. We have a load for you.

Ok. (*Thinks a little bit carefully with a timed PAUSE...)

"What part of home time do fail to understand?" with the HR policy book open to it's meager home days allotment every 21 days out.

One way or another Im heading home. With or without a job. One company in Batesville I had a coverstation with the great owner himself in his office about home time. He was at that point beyond that already. We managed to talk through that that week, but for me it was a red flag to prepare another employer. And thats what we did.

However there is no hard feelings with this one, this would be the one person who provided me a wonderful future in Arkansas such as it is. I would always be thankful to him for that. Despite the losses with two of his accounts.

The problem with just a shrimp driver like me saying "What part of... do you not understand" in corporate decorated speech vs a Boss, Manager or Dispatcher turns them off immensely. They either know deep inside #### well I am right and on solid ground OR simply could care less (I am replaceable with anyone currently filling that Orientation Trailer... at a whim)

The State sometimes wonders why they have such econcomic losses due to whimsy in Trucking.

7. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    What’s the deal with the 36” sleeper? You on the western regional fleet?

8. Odin's Rabid Dog

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    No.
    The truth is out there.

9. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    On a side note I miss my little 36" sleeper lol I'm running a truck with a high rise unibilt and I hate it. With my little sleeper I could keep my bunk heater on 68 and it was the perfect temp. In this one I have to crank it up to like 80 lol but you should give tanker a try. I did and I love it

Nothereoften and Odin's Rabid Dog Thank this.
  10. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    I believe he is on their pole fleet - hence the small sleeper and log bunks....

stwik, SAR and Odin's Rabid Dog Thank this.
  11. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    thought he was in the maxi fleet

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.