How many miles?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Bpat, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Little Eddy

Little Eddy Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    They call me Mr. Recap...
    Avg 11k a month x 24 months

Bpat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. canviskiller

canviskiller Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2013
    texas
    About 2000 a week as a company driver and that's all I want lol I hate driving long distance.....more of a 20 stop delivery driver.

Bpat Thanks this.
  4. BB203

BB203 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Missouri Ozarks
    I was hauling some asphalt today, 3 loads maybe 15 miles from the plant to the paver. Now I don't make $28 an hour, that would be good money, I actually work for the Highway department and make more like $23 an hour. So those 3 loads had to last me all day.. So I drove real slow... I spent most of the day doing what a county worker is trained to do... Support a rake so it doesn't fall over if left standing alone while I watched the other 3 trucks get their 3 loads.. We solved a great many problems in the world today and we finally reached a consensus on where the best place to buy mower parts is... I am at home by 4:00 every day during the week, drives the wife crazy... We are getting this Friday off too because you know.. Good Friday, with 8 hours pay of course, we get 16 holidays a year plus your birthday. We could see I44 from where we were laying pads, we often point at it and say.. Look at those guys in those trucks, they are really making money!... Then we chuckle a bit about it... I'm taking tomorrow off as well, did I mention the 16 holidays? Well most of us are getting 3 weeks a year vacation having been here so long and a paid personal day per month with up to 60 days in the bank so to speak.. So I'm going to work on my mower tomorrow for $23 an hour, especially now that I know where to get the parts the cheapest!

I've had a Class A for a long time, do you think one of those megas would count what I do as experience?

J/K ;)

Tug Toy and Bakerman Thank this.
  5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I stay out long periods of time because I can, have no family, and find it better to be out making money then "home" doing nothing.

I'm a solo company driver at a true 48 state carrier who has lots of longer refrigerated freight. With another week of running to do in the 1st quarter of 2016, I'm currently at 38,200 paid miles (practical miles). But looking at the current situation [where I have recently hit a wall of sorts], I doubt I'll break 40,000 by March 31

Bpat Thanks this.
  6. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Last 3 weeks in a row I have ran between 3900 and 4000 miles. From the Rockies to the mid west and back in 7 days, 34 hr. reset and back on the road for another run.

7. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    For me it's MONEY not miles. With that said 60,000 miles a year is a huge amount of driving.

8. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    For what? No truck payment? No truck maintenance?

Bakerman Thanks this.
  9. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Huh? Are you suggesting the only way to afford a new truck and maintenance is to run high miles?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.