How much will i make? Please tell me the truth!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by greytdayzahead, May 9, 2014.

1. Battle Born

Battle Born Heavy Load Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Scandia, Mn
    What I'm trying to say is that it's a lot in how you run, and your habits. I didn't sleep a whole lot my first year alone, but my trainer taught me how to run. The rest is the tough part I guess. I think for most of us it seems it's in how bad you want to make money. Lazies don't last long, and if they do, they're not making anything for money. My company has a performance based pay scale, so it fluctuates with how you want to work. Weeds out the weaklings. Survival of the fittest I guess.

greytdayzahead Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Driving as a husband and wife team, you will make $90,000 your first year. After two years you can go with a real company and make $200,000 plus. Husband and wife are the most sought after team out there. As the "just in time' inventory ideas become more and more wide spread, teaming will be what most companies go to.

4. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Really depends on the company - a team at US express is on .48 cpm, knocks out 5000 a week average. So potential 1st year is 80k-120k .

Angle yourself over here at year 1 end, by the end of year 3 you'll be doing 200k plus - .66cpm at 6000 miles a week easy.

Potential is there - its how you tread the path.You've come to a good place for answers ( and fights and confusion) .
    B.

greytdayzahead and Battle Born Thank this.
  5. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Starting out , probably bring home 400.00 a week, maybe a little more if your lucky.

6. Battle Born

Battle Born Heavy Load Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Scandia, Mn
    Even as solo I've never had a check under $500. Also, you're on point with the fights and confusion haha.

7. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I wonder if the cat is alive or dead - because I did observe it . . .

8. casc1

casc1 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2011
    toronto
    The reality is you will make minimum wage......sorry but drivers have become " bottom of the food chain" when it comes to work conditions and pay.
    With most of the country having a 5 day workweek, yours will be 21 days.....then a couple off and on for another 21.
    Your dispatcher will really not care if you make it home for special occasions....just get that load delivered. They will not care if you have to re-set in the middle of no-where, as they pop a cold one on their patio.
    Your company, at the end of the day only cares that they have a warm arse in the seat.

9. stormy379

stormy379 Medium Load Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    Remember that there are a lot of variables in this industry. Go with a big company to get some experience, then try a medium sized one for a better way of being treated. Or after 6 months look at FedEx ground. They LOVE TEAMS and together you will make great money. I would definitely go that route. Any questions just let me know

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Good advice there Kiwi!

Old Dominion Freight Lines, Inc. after 12 months OTR experience.

11. ttwjr32

ttwjr32 Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2013
    California
    So many factors to consider in your question. But if your willing to work hard and drive constantly with home time sacrifices you can make a lot of money. Especially teaming with your husband. All the money goes into one pot.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.