How to deal with a driver facing camera?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Dark_Majesty_06, Mar 6, 2015.

1. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    And the drivers will care about his company EVEN LESS !!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VeganTrucker

VeganTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Dixie
    I love how you speak like you own the company or that you are a boss in said company. Or even have any value at all to that company. Without drivers, you are useless. Any idiot can dispatch. It takes a special kind of person to drive OTR and be away from his loved ones. Pretty soon all dispatching will be automated. Don't think that's going to be possible with driving. We own you, not vice versa boy. Our home is the truck. How would you feel having a camera looking at you while in your home? You are a cold human being and will be judged as such one day when you stand before the Man. Good luck explaining that. And good luck finding a job when your soon to be useless skill is washed out of this industry.

4. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Unfortunately, driver facing cameras are here to stay and one day will be as common as Qualcomm. I just hope I'm not driving anymore when that day comes.

5. Tonythetruckerdude

Tonythetruckerdude Crusty Deer Slayer

Dec 8, 2012
    hunting...../ retired
    This kind of piss-poor attitude ^^^^^^^^^ towards drivers is exactly why this happens "we're always getting about 20 new guys in every week so if they don't want to play ball then it doesn't really matter to us"

You'll never have 1 driver that is really worth a shi t , with that kind of outlook.....this is why folks look at drivers with such disdain , guys that can't get a decent job always seem to navigate to this kind of company...unknown _substance , care to share your company name with us , so folks can avoid you like the plague.......

6. VeganTrucker

VeganTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Dixie
    I disagree. First off, they're expensive. Software, hardware, etc. plus you will start losing drivers due to this. People will start buying their own trucks and leaving the companies. It's bad business all the way around.

7. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

As with everything in life, one must balance all the options and take the good with the bad. If the cameras are the only or major negative about the 'camera' company, that's what you will decide. If it's too big or other factors play in, you won't.

Just remember that a civil company is not the government; they have to disclose things that a surveillance agency doesn't - national security is not involved in what a truck driver does in motion - and if they lie about it, they open themselves up to major litigation.

Good luck with your decision.

Dark_Majesty_06 Thanks this.
  8. CruisingAlong

CruisingAlong Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Tampa , FL
    unknown _substance , care to share your company name with us , so folks can avoid you like the plague......

Doubtful he would share the name as he'd be the one In hot water with his boss if they knew he was spouting such disregard for their drivers. I think more likely he is a troll stirring the pot behind anonymity of his keyboard.

dunchues, icsheeple, KW Cajun and 2 others Thank this.
  9. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    It falls into the 'old laws' like having to keep white sheets on bed, available in case of wreck with death & destruction to cover the broken, battered, bloodied bodies. Usually this 'law' is yet another company policy.

10. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

Sounds like a "bottom of the barrel" company to me.... Hire you to drive a truck and treat you like your in a Daycare center? :biggrin_25513: I use to drive for a Company in the late 80's that had a dispatcher with your thought process, he was an idiot, the owner finally realized this and got rid of him. I don't give a rats red a_ _ who you are, you need to keep in mind that " A HAPPY WORKER IS A GOOD WORKER"!

Lite bug Thanks this.
  11. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Its crazy to think, that someone could be so silly to think, lets put a camera on the driver all day long and still have a job, thinking things up. I was all set until I read a recent post on the camera company and saw they were just implementing the cameras and had already had a large driver turn over due to cameras alone.
    Alas, I think im coming off the big road and im going to go drive a concrete mixer truck. No cameras, 2 miles from their door step to mine and best of all.. No climbing in the drum to clean it out.. This company hires people to do that. Best of all, it pays very close to my current local/yard dog/ cover otr load when a drive is sick job.
    Its pretty sad it had to come down to this. I'll never understand why people want to mess with the only group of people that make sure every item we touch every day, is where it needs to be, for the most part safely and un damaged.
    Well, thanks for the input everyone, I had no idea how these cameras work till you all explained them to me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.