Huge setback!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Oledevildog, Dec 11, 2013.

1. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Back in 1999 I had lasik eye surgery. Best thing I ever did. Took 15 minutes and when I got up.... 20/20 vision.

Highly recommended this to anyone with glasses or contacts.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jungledrums

jungledrums Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Tennessee
    That's awesome! Was the surgery very painful?

4. toostroked

toostroked Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2010
    You are so wrong, to suggest trucking might not be for another person. In real life, there isn't a limit, to the amount of pull ups, while backing.

5. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    No pain. Took 15 minutes, most of it was set up. Shot laser in my eye for a few seconds then 20/20 vision. That was back in 1999, still have 20/20. My whole family had it done.

Never have to wear glasses or contacts again. The price of the procedure has come down since then.

hal380 and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  6. Gitana

Gitana Light Load Member

May 23, 2012
    Kissimmee, FL
    Are you saying anybody can do it?

7. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I'd have to see its guaranteed that at all these feeder mill company training schools you get a lot more backing fails then 4... Am I wrong? Im guessing sky's the limit?

A word to the OP... Im not sure if Ohio lets you transfer your CDL from another state to Ohio with-out doing all the tests all over again but if they do why don't you think of going to a company training program and get licensed in there state then after 6 months transfer your CDL to home state?

Moon_beam Thanks this.
  8. Gitana

Gitana Light Load Member

May 23, 2012
    Kissimmee, FL
    Can you try the test at the actual location where they do it, or is it restricted? Maybe practicing at the actual site will help with reducing your anxiety somewhat.

hal380 Thanks this.
  9. OPUS 7

OPUS 7 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Just turn on a cb.Anyone is doing it :smt096

TruckDuo and toostroked Thank this.
  10. "Hang - Man"

"Hang - Man" Heavy Load Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA

yep what he said --are you saying the company you worked for wont rehire you ?
    If thats true -- just start over again, what can you do ?

11. Moon_beam

Moon_beam Heavy Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
    The community college that I went to also administered the driving portion of the test so when I passed the class I had my CDL. They had at least 8 trucks that we drove over the road but they saved an old cab over for backing. The students that had a lot of problems tested in a cab-over or an old Ford with a day cab. I hated the cab-over but loved the day cab Ford. Perhaps you could find a carrier that has a day cab that you could use for the test. Thankfully not many cab-over trucks around but that could help with backing for the test. Check and see how much it would cost to rent a day cab for 33 hours, 24 hours to practice in and 8 hours to get tested in.

hal380 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.