Hurricane Express SCAM

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by damonarnold816, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damonarnold816

damonarnold816 Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    Actually I’m INDEPENDENT, I operate as a CDL holder and I seek out companies looking for drivers, I’ll fill a seat for a duration, I’ll deduct any expenses I have that aren’t reimbursed, I’m no different than a electrician or plumber or landscaper that works on their on.

Snoogler Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snoogler

Snoogler Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Sounds like this would make a great complaint to the IRS because what you are describing is illegal. To qualify as an independent contractor, there cannot be any forced dispatch, they cannot put cameras in your truck. They can't prohibit you from taking along pets or human helpers. They cannot restrict you from driving for other companies on the side with your truck. Schneider does it correctly. They have lease purchase run off of load boards and pick and choose their own loads. You should take your post and send it to the IRS over Hurricane. You can get the form off of Google. You can either choose to remain anonymous or you can give your name.

damonarnold816 Thanks this.
  4. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Actually you are much different than a plumber or electrician, they supply their own tools and materials and do all the billing on their money, do you? or do you have your hand out for an advance?

5. Snoogler

Snoogler Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2018
    This makes no sense. He supplies his own tools as he owns his own truck. The truck he personally owns is the tool of the trade. Show me an electrician or plumber that doesn't require advance payments. Smh

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    He rents the truck from hurricane...they don't allow him to leave the company with truck

7. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Exactly, you don’t own a thing, zero investment, and there are pages of plumbers and electricians in the phone book that hand you a bill AFTER they finish the job

8. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Yeah, I’ve never heard of a plumber or electrician that wanted money up front.

There are some contractors that ask for half up front, but it’s a really bad idea to pay anything up front. You’re asking for trouble.

Lonesome and p608 Thank this.
  9. damonarnold816

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    I was with Hurricane Express 9 days the day I posted this was either my last day or the day after.

Being a truck/Fleet owner IS NOT the only way to be a independent in the trucking industry, WITHOUT a truck I gross 2k a week, net is 1400ish (I set aside about 30% for taxes) and it’s a set up that works for me and one I’ve been successful doing. I’m home when I want to be and I’m running where I want to run, I do 4 loads a week about 1000 miles each on a flat rate. I honestly have no complaints.

This post was meant to be more informative to those considering going to Hurricane Express and to let drivers know there are other options in this industry besides Leaae purchase all you have to do is look on Craigslist jobs under Transport and search 1099, they pay 50-60 cpm or a flat rate, you can usually make a deal with the owner about how you want to run and be home, and the trucks are usually loaded and newer.

I’ll complain to the IRS depending on how Hurricane Express reports the money I received from them.

Hope this helps.

10. damonarnold816

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    Actually you can own all the trucks (or tools) you want, but without a CDL and an insurance company to insure you, you won’t be driving down the highway.
    And I expect my money after I do the job like everyone else...
    I have a credential it’s a CDL, I have a skill set, and I have no tickets or accidents... I’d say that’s more than NOTHING.
    You keep thinking owning a truck is necessary, and I’ll still be out here making over 100k a year WITHOUT a truck. Just me and my clean CDL and skill set...

11. damonarnold816

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    I haven’t been in a Lease Purchase since 2015 so not sure what you’re talking about...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.