Husband and wife team starting with R&L Carriers

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by IndianaMike, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Guitar Man

Guitar Man Medium Load Member

Sep 29, 2006
    State Of Confusion
    Great company to work for. You guys will do well there. :biggrin_25525:

IndianaMike Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Guitar Man

Guitar Man Medium Load Member

Sep 29, 2006
    State Of Confusion
    They hired me right out of school. Fill out an app and get your name in their data base.They weren't really hiring when I threw my name in while still in school. But they brought me on as a driver/dockworker (I never once worked the dock either) They always had enough work to keep me in a truck. They're good to work for,it'll be worth your while to get the process started for when an opening becomes available. Only reason I left was because I got a job literally 5 minutes from my house,while R&L's terminal was an hour away from it. Good luck!

IndianaMike Thanks this.
  4. IndianaMike

IndianaMike Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Well it has been 5 weeks now and we are still going strong. We got a raise Oct 1st. It's 328 each way. 656 a day. Full pay went to 373. It will take us 3 years to full pay. It's 600 miles each way so we are getting 54cpm and will top at 62cpm in 3 years. They are talking more raises to come also.
    Only complaint really is our truck. It won't let us do a parked regen and the shop can't over ride it for some reason. Has to go to dealer next week. But good news is loaner truck runs even faster and it also has an inverter so gonna switch this weekend. Our insurance starts Dec 1. It's 70 week for family and another 6 for dental vision. 10k life is free. 200 k life is 15 week.

Shaggy and TruckDuo Thank this.
  5. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    That's great news ! Happy to hear things are going good.

IndianaMike Thanks this.
  6. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    How's things going Mike ?

7. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    You don't need a GPS. You have your own personal NAGivator

8. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Things are still going well here. 3 months and counting. We were supposed to get a brand new 2015 prostar on Tuesday but another team broke down and had to take it before we got back. It only had 1700 miles on it. Well we weren't happy because we are in an old loaner truck that will rattle so loud that u have to put your finger in your ear to hear phone on your head set. They took our other truck to be sold at Wilmington. The deal was we would only have to go out 1 day in the rattle trap. Now it's been all week. Anyway the team that needed our truck is supposed to have dropped it back at Louisville today so we will switch this weekend. It has a built in refrigerator and a sleep number bed in it so we are excited to get in it. . We are still very happy here and are paid very well and on time. Sorry for not responding sooner. Will try to keep updated more.

TruckDuo, Shaggy and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Your new truck sounds exciting with all the features.

We pick up from the Ann Taylor DC in Louisville.... across the street from you.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    IndianaMike Thanks this.
  10. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    We got our new truck. It had 4300 miles on it. We really like it. It's a 15 prostar with an automatic transmission. It pulls the hills great but takes awhile to get moving from a stop. We really like the sleep number bed as well. The fridge is small but our terminal manager said we can leave our bigger fridge in a spare storage room so we can bring enough food for the week and store it in fridge. Since we are back every day it will be easy to grab more. There are six outlets in sleeper to plug in household stuff. We run microwave tv laptop and fridge as well as the sleep number pump with no problem. . There is a built in inverter which makes it nice. Plenty of storage for both of us. So every thin is still going great. Oh also we put in for the Daytona Beach employee resort for next christmas. Waiting to see if we got it.

Lonesome, TruckDuo and Shaggy Thank this.
  11. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Did you buy the sleep number bed or did it come with the truck? How much was it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.