I abandoned the truck

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by carlthompson, Aug 31, 2022.

1. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Ain't that the truth. I wonder how at will employment ties into this stuff, if the OP lives and/or works in one of those states. I mean, if you decide on the fly hey piss on this place I don't wanna run their truck anymore. How can you be penalized for quitting? It's not your equipment, right? I can see the companies frustration of having to go fetch an "abandoned" truck, but at the same time how can they use that to force someone to stay?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I saw him at the next ramp after he posted that

download.jpeg-21.jpg

4. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    :p:p:p:p:pThe whole idea behind a truck driver being so hopeless and unable to be resourceful once he quits a truck driving job under nefarious circumstances is really disturbing. The despair narrative and the notion that truckers are bound for the homeless shelter or working at McDonald’s once they quit a trucking job or abandon a truck is disgusting. Like that’s what we’re relegated to once we’re no longer are able to be a trucker. Unbelievable. You can’t make this up

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  5. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Not exactly. we utilize DAC, but not in the traditional way. We can verify past period of employment via DAC in a much more efficient manner than contacting every employer for the past 10 years. That's all we use it for, though, employment dates. We pay little attention to the rest like if eligible for rehire, because most will put "after review" or "no" no matter the circumstances behind the termination of employment.

And truck abandonment? That's also to be taken with a grain of salt. If someone come in with a normal background but one employer lists an abandonment, we'll dig deeper and not take that on its face.

6. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    I hear ya. I'm talking about the bottom feeder mega carriers that use dac to scare their drivers.

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. Raging Bull69

Raging Bull69 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    If you are gonna leave it on a exit, set your triangles out and leave the hazard lights on! They will think you just broke down or something!!

8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I really don't think he cares a year later. Just say'in.....

TB John, JohnBoy and Opus Thank this.
  9. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I wonder if he did and if it’s still there with the triangles and 4 ways blinking?

Lonesome and TB John Thank this.
  10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Maybe we should organize a search and rescue type thing.....

TB John and JohnBoy Thank this.
  11. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    If it’s a matter of the paycheck was late, then it finally arrived, and bounced, that would be justifiable.

hope not dumb twucker and JohnBoy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.