I am a former Western Express Recruiter for anyone who has questions

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Advice123, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I would be really curious where your IP comes up at.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Advice123

Advice123 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2014
    What do you guys not understand. THIS WHOLE POST WAS TO DISCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM GOING TO WESTERN EXPRESS! UNLESS YOU BASICALLY HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS, DO NOT GO WORK THERE! I WANTED PEOPLE WHO WERE TALKING TO RECRUITERS WHO WERE TELLING THEN THAT THEY'D GET HOME EVERY WEEK TO KNOW THE TRUTH! Why is everyone on this site so hateful and paranoid?!?!?

4. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007

Hateful?
    Paranoid?

You do not talk really negative about the recruiters. It leaves one to wonder.

It is a free country.

5. Advice123

Advice123 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Ok... I can see now that this site is just about creating drama and trying to get under people's skin. I guess I must be pretty stupid that it took me this long to realize it.

If I can give new drivers any advice it is that people put themselves in the position that they are in. If you don't do your research, then you can expect to get burned by any company. For some reason it is just the nature of the trucking industry. When you are looking for a new job in trucking, the first thing I would search is the company's CSA scores. This will typically give you a pretty good idea of what type of drivers a company is hiring and whether or not. You can get these scores by clicking on this link:
    https://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/sms/

I would pay particular attention to "unsafe driving" and "driver fitness". If you notice a high HOS score that would also be a red flag, but a lot of companies are using the E-logs which will lower that score.

Anyways, if the goal of you guys was to make someone feel good about their decision to leave the trucking industry, and begin to resent truck drivers, then you succeeded. I suppose I can be spending my time better then trying to defend myself on this site so I'll just go home and sleep with my wife, who I get to see every night(yes, that was an intentional jab). I hope everyone is safe out there!

You guys have a really tough job, and I wish you the best(some of you). Be safe out there!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    Veryblessed, bigdogpile and tow614 Thank this.
  6. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    I made an observation.

Your heart is in the right place. By all means continue.

You should have an insight to the way they operate, but remember, many have posted about them and some have dealings.

You should also know that we get recruiters all of the time that try this as well. It is just a defense.

7. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    It seems to me that companies like western express are the reason that the trucking industry has such a negative reputation.

if you want to do something constructive then report their practices to the fmcsa or someone who may have the ability to put an end to companies like these..

8. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Best advice 123 so far . . .

9. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Last sentence - neither can I. I just woke up from my moving bed. Poor dirty truck driver me. Have a good karma safe life.

10. Advice123

Advice123 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2014
    My conscience is clean... Drive safe

11. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    As a recruiter did you ever have contact with the WE drivers face to face?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.