I finally figured it out .

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by freight-time, Jan 22, 2018.

1. freight-time

freight-time Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    I think that the new mandate is a way for the government to continue to usher in foreign drivers to do cheap work . I have spoken with OTR company drivers that don't even make 1k a week. I have spoke with O/O's that average 1.05 per mile . That's why I always have said that drivers should communicate . I fear that now it's to late .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    if a company driver is making under 1K a week, then it could be the freight not being available, or low wages, get another job.

if an o/o is making a mere 1.05 per mile, then rethink the rates and charge more.

i think that is more simplified than blaming the mandate.

4. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    How about lobbyists pushed thru a mandate so the goverment could mandate the sell of 3 million or so devices. Follow the money.

Of course we are all safer now.

5. freight-time

Nov 5, 2015
    I totally agree .

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    How's about you guys realize that the world isn't running their businesses as if it is 1979?

We all need to move forward. Not stuck in the 70's.

It has nothing to do with lobbyists, or government wanting foreign workers in the drivers seat.

If some one isn't making good money otr, then maybe examine the carriers capacity and how they are setup.

7. freight-time

Nov 5, 2015
    I hear you , but our travel conditions , are so unfavorable , and unpredictable for the profession . Loading , and unloading times , and traffic are times we can't control , but we can nap via the sleeper while on our 14 hr . The mandate now makes it to were after the 14 we must take a 10 hr break . It's pretty difficult to take a 10 hr break when I'm not tired . That's why trucks have sleepers in them. We need to be able to drive when it's most comfortable for us . Now we can only take mandated rest breaks . How safe is that ?

8. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    ELDs are way for government to control drivers, nothing else.

freight-time Thanks this.
  9. TruckRunner

TruckRunner Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2017
    Amazon will probably buy the entire trucking industry. Any driver who doesn't drive for Amazon would get their CDL revoked.

10. freight-time

Nov 5, 2015
    Have you ever heard of Jimmy Harpor ? Feds will always control transportation . And we think this is a free country .

11. TruckRunner

TruckRunner Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.