I just can't win.

Discussion in 'Prime' started by unholy7, Jan 22, 2017.

1. unholy7

unholy7 Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2014
    last weekend enterprise wouldnt take my proof of addresses plus! they gave my reserved rental car away before i even showed up. so i called up recruiting to get a bus ticket. i would have shown up a day late but i never received the confirmation number or ticket info. so we pushed the start date back to this coming week.

well this week i didnt want to risk enterprise pulling the same crap so i got a bus ticket. weellll see what had happen was!! tornadoes hit the area 11 killed, and a bunch of property damage. i was literally on the phone with prime when the sirens went off. needless to say i was not about to get stuck on 75 with my almost wife and almost step 5 year old during severe weather, so. let's try this again next week shall we?

stay safe guys!

redoctober83 and FullMetalJacket Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Maybe this is God saying 'No.'?

DRAGON64 and bzinger Thank this.
  4. unholy7

Jul 31, 2014
    im taking it as god saying "have one more free sunday to watch football go ahead and finish the play-offs my son" but yeah im starting to think that too. but im dumb, and i wont listen.

Ooops and tucker Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I would have to agree.... better stop now before He throws something bigger at you.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Your just getting all the bad stuff out of the way now so you won't be dealing with it later.

unholy7 Thanks this.
  7. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    You're taking your wife and son to orientation?

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Very good reason why you missed but if you're a day late you miss a day of orientation so recruiter will reschedule you for the next orientation.Enterprise is a good car rental,I've used them many times.But if you're not their to pick up your car on that date and time they'll cancell you.

9. quatto

quatto Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    The Bluest State
    You're so lucky! You've been pre-disastered!! The rest should be a piece of cake. ;-)

skellr and unholy7 Thank this.
  10. unholy7

Jul 31, 2014
    no they were taking me to the bus station. it was raining pretty bad as i was making sure i had everything ready to go, and as i walked out to the load up the car the tornado sirens started blaring. looking back on it my first thought was to get the family into the bathroom, then call prime. im pretty sure the guy i spoke with thinks im retarded for calling them during a tornado. in my defense i'm an former infantryman so i'm stupidbrave.

they were fine with me missing the first day due to the comedy of errors when i called that saturday, but the weekender never sent the information for the bus ticket.

11. unholy7

Jul 31, 2014
    ^^i hope so. they say it comes in 3's so whats next? afghanistan couldnt break me. a spell of bad luck wont ether.

we've been having crap weather all weekend here so i started staying up all night in case another tornado happened while we were asleep. the whole the earlier the warning the better thing. so i was asleep when prime called this morning, and this afternoon. to check on me. i'm waiting for the call back to see whats going to happen.

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.