I just can't win.

Discussion in 'Prime' started by unholy7, Jan 22, 2017.

1. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Prime just want able bodies to fleece, rip off and then discard like trash. You will be used then thrown to the curb.

To them you are a coolie on 18 wheels. More where you came from.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    And the Industry will always have 50 ready to go attend orientation each week all of whom will be sorted and discarded if they were truly not a good choice for the company. But a good percentage will need trucks and are literally hungry ready to go run.

ATS handed me a Virginia Beach delivery that was about 300 pay miles from wed PM all the way to Mon AM when I finished my orientation in North Carolina that week. I raised some hell saying wtf? I dont need any more than say an hour to settle, let's put on something righteous and let's go. 2000 miles or something.

What I should have done was gone specialized instead of van. Then we will see about those righteous loads featuring tanks going from one place to a museum for example. That was a long time ago back in the 90's and if that was a choice I really screwed up on that was it. Not specailized and heavy haul, but boring vans with a load piddling around norfolk for several days waiting to deliver monday am. What a waste.

4. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Dude, we get it. You failed at prime and feel like you need blame someone other than the person looking back at you in the mirror.

Get over you hate for prime and move on with your career. There are plenty of us here that have been very successful going through there lease program. The reason is not because we are the selected few, but because we understand this is a business! Driving is only 10% of being a lease operator, the rest is straight up managing a business and making decisions daily that better your business.

I just finished my lease in February and have a tractor that is now titled in my name. There are many drivers each week that finish out there lease successfully and either release a new truck, switch to a lease purchase, or buy there's out.

LivingDatRoadLife Thanks this.
  5. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    No hate just fact. A small select number of drivers are allowed to get trucks so They can spread the gospel of fleece purchase and get more people to milk. Its a shame.

PS
    I love I seeing prime recruiters get on the forums pretending to be OO lol.

Never been to prime and would never ever apply.

crb Thanks this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Yea I'm gonna side with Moglar on this one.
    For being OTR away from home, it's not near enough money for the truck risk & grief.

The amount of electronic gadgets on your trucks would make me insane.

7. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    You didn't get the memo; anyone who says anything contrary to the accepted gospel, whether you believe it true or not, about Prime here will be branded liar/recruiter/instigator/troublemaker & be shut down.

Much the same as opposing the liberal media narrative.

Just let it go.

slim6596 Thanks this.
  8. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Yeah, missed that memo. I guess being successful means I won the lease lottery and not that I know how to run a successful business, lol.

Next time I'm at the terminal I'll stop by leasing and thank them for giving me all the money and success. Though I think they'll just look at me like I'm crazy and start laughing.

9. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    You assume anyone that shares there success is automatically a liar or a recruiter or won the special lease lottery.

Why do you have such a hard time believing that there are more people that succeed at something you seemed to fail at? Just because you failed and can't seem to figure out to be successful where others have you assume it's because they are the chosen ones.

Grow up and stop being a troll.

P.S. I've proven many times over that I am an o/o on this forum and as my success is because of the lottery I supposedly won with leasing, I'm adding my a second truck to my fleet.

Please go troll thy schnieder lease forum, they seem to get a ton of suckers over there each day.

LivingDatRoadLife Thanks this.
  10. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Not sure which part of moglar's drivel your agreeing with. The part where he claims all lease purchase are setup for you to fail?

Now I can agree that the trucks over here aren't for everyone with all the electronics they have in them. That is more of a valid reason to not lease a truck than you're going to fail.

11. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Or is it that a defeatist attitude draws the unfit and unwilling to failure who then get bitter and blame the world in a tantric attempt to be coddled.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.