I just got hired in with the best!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Frank Speak, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I forgot to mention it, but there is one thing I’d like to do besides fish and golf. I’d like to get my pilot’s (helicopter) license. Sure, flying around in bat mode is fun and all, but, at my age, that’s a lot of energy being expended. Interestingly, Big Maude said she’d see me dead first.

Is that possible? ‍♂️

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Well I'll be damed,

Was going to do same a several years back (crop dusting), but could not get buddy to run truck for time it would have entailed.

Getting too #### old for that now. But, private plane & helicopter might still be in the cards.

Do it while you still can. It's YOUR TIME now.....! You have the argument. Saves a hella lot of that bat energy you currently expend. ;)

4. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Congrats on retirement, Frank!

Drop in anytime, we'll be here.

5. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    Yup, I have a little 16’ aluminum bass boat with a 40hp motor. That’s all I *need*. Of course, I like the fancy 20 footers with 250s and spot lock, etc… but I don’t need the $80k price tag. Lol

dwells40, Sons Hero, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    I could set a record! How many helicopter pilots are pushing 400 years old?

7. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    I didn't know.you were that old
    .really though congratulations to you and enjoy retirement. May trucking is always looking for folks.if you get bored

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  8. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Congratulations! Hope you have fun! I've been retired since 2017 and sometimes I get so bored, I wished I had a job. But then I remember traffic, fuel stops, POE's, dead tired trying to find a parking spot..... Nah, I only miss the paycheck.

9. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy Retirement! Enjoy!

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    [​IMG]

10. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    They were one of my favorite OTR outfits. I say all the time. Stay out of their homeless shelter, soup kitchen yards as much as possible and it’s not a bad gig.

11. broke down plumber

broke down plumber Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2024
    Pass another medical , helicopter training is harder to find than fixed wing , and dam sure more expensive both training and potential ownership . I also believe alot more dangerous, they dont glide if you loose power , fixed wing will give ya a chance to find a field , corn , soybean , hay ,cotton or what ever . Good luck .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.