I just have a question...

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Hateful, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Hateful

Hateful Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Ohio
    How in the heck can a company claim they have a program for those who want to become a driver but yet don't even have the trainers to back their butts up.. I just don't get it..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    A long time ago JB Hunt etc had training schools and diligently trained drivers from nothing.

These were about maybe 400K drivers annually who were quitting and moving to another company once they had some time in and a Class A in those days.

So the big carriers got out of the training school business entirely. Suddenly everyone is like nuh I aint hiring no body who isnt broken in yet. Because in those days you gave them a beat up truck that they can bash on and no feelings will get hurt provided they hurt no one and definately not kill anyone learning.

Fast forward decades. Trucking companies discovered they can go through 50 souls at Orientation and pick 10. And keep this going. and going with immigrants and going and going.

When that stops the robot trucks will be the next trend.

Hateful and Puppage Thank this.
  4. Hateful

Dec 24, 2017
    Ohio
    It just don't make no since.. They have a training program even send you to the school.. But they don't have no female trainers.. So they asked me if I would train with a male trainer and I told them yes as long as they gave me my respect.. Then they turn around and said that they have no male trainer that smoke.. How the heck does that work? Getting irritated.. Not sure if they are playing some game or testing me to see what kind of patience I have..

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Hateful

Dec 24, 2017
    Ohio
    The crap just don't make any sense to me..

6. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    Trainers aren't hanging on trees. You have to wait until they are finished with their current project. Enjoy your free time, because you won't have any once you get started. And no, they aren't playing any games. They are probably trying to find the best one for you, since they have no female trainers available.

tscottme and Hateful Thank this.
  7. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    Training someone to drive is hard enough..having to live in a box with someone you don't know is even harder. I don't know how people can do it. I tried training when I drove a 4 car carrier and we were home every day and I couldn't pull it off!! I believe that there is way to much driver turn over to meet the demand. If these companies would start treating there drivers with respect and giving them the pay they deserve it would cut down on this problem. Also on the other hand if some drivers would stop being snow flakes and put on their big boy pants (or big girl panties) and do their jobs that would help also! How long have you been waiting for a trainer?

Hateful Thanks this.
  8. Hateful

Dec 24, 2017
    Ohio
    Thanks makes feel a little bit better

9. Hateful

Dec 24, 2017
    Ohio
    Going on 2 months but they won't send me to school till they get a trainer first.. Just aggravating..

BigBob410 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    There are other companies that have female trainers. I thought you had already been through school.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If I was still in the cab I have no issue training, but you have a problem with smokers and rightfully so. Do not let anyone tell you or pat you on the head saying poor thing, a little smoke aw. It does not work that way.

You need a non smoking trainer. It's really hard to come up with a trainer sometimes instantly when all of them are working on new hires.

With that out of the way, it's really a encouragement to you to consider a female trainer if at all possible. You will be taught proper from a female point of view what goes on out there as if you don't already know about it. And sometimes you might benefit in other ways learning how to move stuff in the trailer a certain way that leverages your physical strengths.

You cannot allow this industry to aggravate you. Go out and tell the forest what you really think of this stinking business, but don't tell off a dispatcher. LOL. It will work out for you.

If you are really good, someday YOU will be a trainer. And be back here talking about the quality of your students if they have any at all. Ha..

Hateful Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.