I need advice

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Styles p, Jul 9, 2022.

1. Styles p

Styles p Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2022
    Thanks for the advice greatly appreciate it

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Advice:

1. Don't speed.
    2. Don't apply hot sauce to your taco while driving. As this will usually end with the result of lots of sauce on one end and none on the other. This is unacceptable. Each bite should contain all the flavors.
    3. Don't speed while eating a taco. Messes will happen when brakes are applied. Unless you have super reflexes this will result in your taco going everywhere. Again. Unacceptable. Speeding not only kills, but damages and ruins the lives of many tacos every year. Don't be a statistic.
    4. Do not speed. It's not worth it. Unless it's to the taco shop right before they close. Your company may not agree nor will the law, but I do.
    5. Spicy pickles are great on a chicken sandwich.
    6. Don't drink bleach.
    7. Always call your local utility company before you dig.
    8. Electric radios and baths don't mix.
    9. Don't drink and drive. Better to let someone else drive while you kick back and drink.
    10. Wax on, Wax Off. Never Wax off, before you Wax on. Causes a big issue with the universe leading to black holes, lost treasure and spooky children of the corn looking aliens.

:)

Don't mind me, I'll show myself out.

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    [​IMG]

RangerMelB, DRTDEVL, InTooDeep and 9 others Thank this.
  4. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    it’s been 5 years.
    pull a driving record on yourself.

It may not show.

5. Styles p

Styles p Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2022
    I have my mvr record as we speak and it shows February of 2023 puts it at six years so im wondering will i have a better possibility of a chance since it will fully be out of that five year period

6. Styles p

Styles p Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2022
    But as of this moment it shows and the incident happened February of 2017 havent had a speeding ticket since even though its the hard way but im definitely learning my lesson

7. Keepforgettingmypassword

Keepforgettingmypassword Heavy Load Member

Jan 11, 2022
    It's out side 36 months. Just apply at said company. It says no more than 2 in 36 months. 36 months plus one day and you will be fine.
    One of the worst things ive seen in this industry is a New CDL sitting idle.
    If said company goes back 7 years on the DMV search then disclose it, if not don't offer it up and keep it moving.

8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Don't be too tough on yourself, if it's any consolation, most trucks today won't go anywhere near that. 5 (or 6) years is plenty enough time, and in a 4 wheeler, it may not mean much. Today, a "mere" speeding ticket is probably the least infraction worth worrying about. Heck, even "the boss" has had speeding tickets. You'll be fine. Most importantly, only answer what they ask, like a cop.

9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Have you even applied?

if not worry about it when they reject you or ask you about it.

10. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

In trucking 15 mph or more above the speed limit is considered reckless driving. I'm guessing you may have to wait out 3 years from the date of that speeding ticket or you will only be hired by companies that already operate routinely in violation of the regs and hire drivers that have no other options. You would not like working for those companies

11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Credit to you for not making excuses. Most people after they make mistakes get defensive and blame everyone but them self. After that ticket is older than 3 years more companies can hire you. I believe once that ticket is more than 5 years old most companies can hire you. You don't have to have a perfect record to enter trucking. You MAY be able to get hired for things like "yard truck:" or "hostling". That job is called several different things. You move trailers on the private property of factories for the trucking companies that bring freight to the factory. Some of those jobs don't even require a Commercial Driver License (CDL) since you don't drive on the public roads.

With your record I would NOT get my CDL until you found a company that is willing to hire you and is aware of that ticket.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.