I own a truck, but no one is financing me a reefer trailer.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by John quinton, Sep 12, 2015.

1. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I bought the truck cash and went personal finance on the trailer, because of the 'new business ' credit problem.

This is where a personal bank relationship built over 10 years , and an 800+ credit score came in handy.

Tried peer to peer lending sites?

John quinton Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    You don't own the truck, you lease it and this is a mitigating factor.

ramblingman and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  4. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Why do you need a 760k home? sell that house buy a 350k home, plenty of working capital

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  5. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Arrow Truck Sales sells reefer trailers and might finance you. A lot of '07-'08 models with new engines to go to Cali with.

6. John quinton

John quinton Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2015
    That's a good Idea, but the way the market is going selling larger homes is selling cheap and buying smaller homes are expensive. the house value should be more than 760k. If I buy a reefer say for 25k from Gordan trucking. What I need to check?

7. John quinton

Jul 25, 2015
    Arrow is a rip off. Arrow wants 50 percent down. The thing is man. I actually make money now. I have been in business for 1 year! Before I was in business arrow actually gave me a 20 percent down on a truck and trailer which I didn't take because the truck was a junk. Now, I am doing good business or load wise and no deal no where

8. John quinton

Jul 25, 2015

That's what I am looking for a personal relationship with a bank. I don't know how to start because right now they don't even talk to me. :oops: I need to purchase a reefer with personal money.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  9. skman

skman Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    A bank relationship might not help right now....but the sooner you start....the better. I'd find a decent smaller bank and go with them.
    I use a small town credit union. It's nice because they don't have to play by the same exact rules as the big banks here in Canada...and are more of a person to person banking.
    Not sure how banking works down there but if you can find something like that...it definately helps a lot. You're not just a number in a computer to them.

CanadianVaquero Thanks this.
  10. zinita17601

zinita17601 Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    Try lyons truck and trailer in indianapolis.they financed my 2015 stepdeck:10k down plus i traded in my 1995 trailer for another 8k.i had a repossesion on my credit plus few collections.balance owed(21k) will be paid over three years and im gonna end up paying 29k.

11. zinita17601

zinita17601 Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    Also try diamond motorz trailer sale and leasing,they have few locations.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.