I really hate Loves

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by A Bug, Oct 5, 2017.

1. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    So here I am again having to fuel at Loves where the lines are three trucks deep at each pump, all except for that tire inflater lane that has the arm hanging down blocking anyone from using it.

It is a perfectly good fuel pump but Loves refuses to alleviate any congestion at the rest of the pumps by allowing its use.

I dream of the day I leave the company driver life and can afford my own truck and never fuel at a Loves again.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    What a dream.

pattyj, KillingTime, buddyd157 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. JayBibb

JayBibb Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Milford, OH
    I must be weird. I fuel at Loves every time. Most of the time it's on I74 in Indiana exit 123 or on I70 in Illinois exit 119. Seems to never be any lines, and the ladies behind the counter are always pleasant.​

QuietStorm and crb Thank this.
  5. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    So does this mean i won't have to worry about you taking up a spot at the love's

6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Take off, and call the company for a fuel plan once you find a good parking place for the night...
    Heck even Swift, as bad as they can be, never said a word about me blowing off a "preferred" station to get to a station that wasn't dangerous or way out or route, or super busy!

For example they loved to route me to Minooka, IL Pilot after getting a Costco load going home. I would always call at the TA across from Costco, say I'm at 1/8 of a tank and they would approve the fuel. Or I would be very low on fuel from home time (see heavy Costco load above for my typical home time load), get a load coming out of Port Huron and they wanted to route my to Saginaw, from Flint, back to Port Huron to pickup. No thanks, I'll be passing a Flying J on the way out (in Lansing), I think I'll stop there. Later, after it was built, I could stop at the Pilot by Port Huron.

7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yeah loves isn't without its hassles for sure but until pfj matches loves on points I buy 99.9 percent of my fuel from loves .

8. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    There are a few notorious ones that are a penny cheaper and people just swarm to get fuel there.

Save a penny a gallon but it takes 45min to get fuel. :tard:

Badmon, JayBibb and bzinger Thank this.
  9. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I only go to Loves. I only frequent establishments that go that extra mile like saying "Welcome to Loves" to each and every person every single time that door opens. Makes me feel like an old friend.

crb, austinmike, bzinger and 1 other person Thank this.
  10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    That's the company fuel planning not giving a crap about the driver's time. That's when I did as stated above....
    If you (company) think so little of my time that's unpaid, I don't care about you saving even 25 cents a gallon, much less the more probable 2-3 cents.

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  11. JayBibb

JayBibb Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Milford, OH
    I agree. I am a dedicated run, company driver, but I have a credit card and can get fuel wherever I want. I only go to Loves.

austinmike Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.