Ice Age is coming.

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Wasted Thyme, Aug 7, 2021.

1. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    It is I moved from there in 84. Parents lived there till 2000 when I moved them to my house to care for them. Miss PG still haven't been back since moving my parental units

okiedokie Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Team818

Team818 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2019
    Yep I lived in Oregon then. Like the President T said. "Windmills are a waste of money. Before they ever make a profit they fall completely apart. Bad investment, a rip off to the Tax Payers. I do not support them".

okiedokie Thanks this.
  4. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019

5. MTN Boomer

Feb 4, 2019
    Different time, than what you are referring to.

6. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Yes im well aware of that, it was a failed full fledged colony attempt by the british who were actually prepared at the time of ACTUALLY taking north america, and it wasnt winter that did them in either.

You can either admit that you dont know that the vikings were swedes and norwegians, ie scandinavians and cede the point because there has NEVER been a credible source for your claim that "the vikings tried and failed to settle the new world" or you can continue moving your goalposts because you dont want to face the fact that you dont know what youre talking about

7. Northern Nomad

Northern Nomad Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2020
    The frozen north
    Lostkeys Thanks this.
  8. MTN Boomer

Feb 4, 2019
    It is not I who is ignorant of the facts, do some research, it is a proven fact, backed up by old digs at settlement s in Nefoundland and Iceland, as well as Greenland. Fact is there was a mini Ice Age. An interesting fact is the Natives defeated the Vikings in Battles.The Vikings settled Iceland in the 800's had a large population on Greenland.Well documented and there are Archeologic sites that back it . You are Wrong, you aren't even in the right book.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  9. FFL Trucker

FFL Trucker Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Hole in the ozone is still there or rather thinning of the ozone, if you've ever lived up in AK you'll notice that the sun will burn you up faster than if you lived in the equator. It's just that you only have to worry about this during the summer time for the most part.

Ask anyone that has lived up in Alaska and they'll tell you about this, they especially like to talk about it with people that weren't born there.

gentleroger and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  10. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Iceland, greenland, neither of these is really north america proper. THAT is the one im taking issue with.

Your statement of "large population" on greenland is an indication of how poorly you understand "in the process of settling" greenland had settlements, it did NOT have anything close to a large population, then as now, iceland was more hospitable, current icelandic population is hovering around 300k, greenland TODAY is only about 50k.

Straight from vikapedia...

Norse colonization of North America - Wikipedia

"The Norse settlements on the North American island of Greenland lasted for almost 500 years. L'Anse aux Meadows, the only confirmed Norse site in present-day Canada,[3] was small and did not last as long. Voyages (for example to collect timber) are likely to have occurred for some time, but there is no evidence of any lasting Norse settlements on mainland North America.[4]"

11. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.