ICON IDLE SYSTEM

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by bluerhino, Jul 21, 2017.

1. bluerhino

bluerhino Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2013
    HI EVERYONE NEED HELP MY INTERNATIONAL9400I YR 2006 CAN ONLY IDLE THE ENGINE FOR 5 MINUTES AND SHUT ITSELF TOOK TO A SHOP WITH CUMMINS SOFTWARE THEY COULDN'T DISABLE IT ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED THANKS

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    ICON is a rare feature that most shops are not familiar with. I have been in the industry for over 20 years and actually never have worked on it. I did quickly go through some set up and owners manuals for ICON. ICON is a separate module that will for sure allow PTO modes and should also be able to turn the system on or off. It does have a "Mandatory Shutdown mode" feature which will engage and shut the engine down no matter what you do. Sounds like this is what you have installed. I highly recommend taking this to a Cummins location, not just a corner garage that has Insite, to make the proper feature parameter adjustments.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  4. bluerhino

Mar 10, 2013

5. bluerhino

Mar 10, 2013
    Thanks heavyD.i read your threads&appreciate your knowledge in diesel engine

6. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    ICon is the Cummins auto start mode for battery voltage and engine oil temp. I believe it has a themostat in the sleeper to start the engine and cool or heat the sleeper.

Have you tried setting the parking brakes and turning on the cruise control and let the engine shut it's self off. To see if I CAN will kick in and take over.

Here is some old info people talking about how they got their to work.

A question about Cummins ICON system

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I got this from work. This is how to permanently remove/disable it.
    icon.jpg

Thomas3275 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.