Ifta question

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by jacquesi23, Dec 31, 2015.

1. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I wouldn't even file the first quarterly for this trip up, I'd file the last quarter of 2015. Cancel the ifta account and call it good. it's not what a person is supposed to do, but hey you asked what I would do.

jacquesi23 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jacquesi23

jacquesi23 Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Point taken lol

4. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Yes, just call and cancel it, spyder. Is correct ,that's what she thinks, you got to file this quarter anyway. Just flat out cancel it, file last quarters return. And hope you never to worry againthat jazz again.

5. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Right, cause you are gonna be running mercers decals, in case you don't know, mercer pays any iota you might owe, you don't have to worry about where ya buy fuel any longer, buy it whereas its cheapest without worrying about owing ifta

jacquesi23 Thanks this.
  6. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    This is why I'm signed on with Mercer. I don't want to put up with that crap.

Razorwyr and jacquesi23 Thank this.
  7. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    Fuel alone will help me out more than anything!...I currently have a fuelman card an IT SUCKS!!!.,,never do I see where I'm saving any money (like they claim)
    Certain TA's don't even take fuelman an most of the cheaper fuel sites that take fuelman a truck can't even get into the parking lot bobtailing!!...honestly I don't even know why I even use it because they take the money right back out of my account the following week!...hell I may as well pay for it out of pocket.

8. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    My truck note is $1350 trailer $600.
    I knew I had made a mistake with this authority when I begin to take my second income an start paying business bills with it. BIG NO NO!....
    I run side by side a guy from universal pretty heavy during the week. An we pretty much haul out of the same shippers each week an no disrespect to him or anything but it just pisses me off that he's making $200-$500 more than I'm making per load an he's nowhere near responsible for the types of things you have to keep up with an pay for when you have your own numbers. It's honestly a big headache at the end of the day.

9. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Jacquesi, I can pretty much guarantee that as long as you are willing to work and have half a brain when it comes to loads, you will do better here than you were on your own working dat and its load boards. Just look around when you get to Louisville. There is a lot of truck show type trucks leased here, not to mention all the big houses pulling 50k dollar trailers, so obviously there is money to be made.

Razorwyr, CJndaTruck and jacquesi23 Thank this.
  10. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    if I haven't learned anything I've learned that if you wanna know what kind of money is being made at a company....just take a look at the vehicles or trucks in the parking lot lol.

11. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    I was spending almost 150 bucks a month on load boards alone!!!
    Dat, 123loadboard, you name it I had signed up for it.
    An just to think I booked more of my profitable loads from "free" sites like mercer, landstar, etc.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.