I'm Tired

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by xlsdraw, Aug 12, 2022.

1. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    The problem with being tired is my tendency to become volatile. Today was one of those days.

Been having a broken tooth annoying me for a while. Not a hard core toothache, but just irritated gums waiting for the loose piece of tooth to fall out.

Been experiencing the debilitating effects of anxiety also this week. And not sleeping much. Just got a lot on my mind right now.

So I get to the shipper today, and the lady clerk asks if my trailer is clean. I thought it wasn't too bad so I said yes. She tells me to slide my tandems, throw two loadlocks in the back, and back into the door.

So when I opened the trailer doors, I looked and I didn't feel like the trailer was adequately clean. The door I was assigned to had a dumpster in the door next to me. So after I slid the tandems and laid the two loadlocks down, I got my broom and dustpan and jumped into the trailer to sweep it out.

The lady clerk opens the bay door, sees me cleaning the inside of the trailer, and starts shaking her head and waving her arms. Ask her what a couple times and she wouldn't speak just kept shaking her head and waving her arms.

So I threw the loadlocks in the trailer and pulled out on the street off their property. I took my garbage can into the trailer with me and commenced cleaning the trailer.

But as I was cleaning the trailer, I started dwelling on the lady not answering my question and just signaling at me like I was a child. I convinced myself that that was inconsiderate and after finishing cleaning the trailer, I went in and asked to speak with a manager.

Eventually, a pair from management came out to my truck parked on the street, and asked me what's going on.
    So I told them I didn't appreciate the lady not answering my question and just signaling at me like a child.

I asked for an apology and they refused to give one, so I told them I can't pull their load. Almost a 100 percent of the time, I wouldn't have taken such a hard line on the pettiness of the lady's actions, but today I just couldn't accept it.

So I reckon I'll be sitting for a while. I just felt so rundown that I was a bit stubborn. I did try to call my dispatcher a couple times before the management came out to my truck, but he wasn't answering his phone. Tried to call the broker also and he didn't answer. I guess it was just meant to be.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
    Maybe you need some time off to recharge and a dentist appointment.

4. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Yeah, I'm in Dallas and home is Central Florida. I was supposed to take this load to Minnesota and then pick up a Minnesota load going to Florida.

After I talked to my dispatcher, he found me a load going back out to Oregon. But I said no, I got to meet a man about a house for sale. So I asked him to just look for a load to Florida.

5. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    xlsdraw,
    I Congratulate You For Your Perseverance In De-Escalating Your Situation. :D

TOO MANY OF US have been disrespected by Customer sites.
    I, sometimes, just pulled forward a couple feet until their attitude(s) changed.

I've had some "adventures" with Pick Up Points "claiming" my recently, offsite, swept out Trailer, yet they insisted I "sweep it out".
    So I did, s-l-o-w-l-y, before either docking or redocking Trailer.
    Then I received the seemingly "usual reward" of being left alone, or ignored for a few hours on the Dock and was finally Loaded some few hours later AND I was the ONLY COMBO ON SITE, go figure.
    At one place, near Midnight, in Texas, (and had been there since 1600), I was fully loaded and I had to "roam the building" seeking paperwork yet without a "friendly attitude".
    Somehow they "forgot about me", so I reminded them again and demanded the paperwork.
    Got Bills and was told "You're Not Welcome Here Anymore", big deal.

WE have ALL Had BAD DAYS, NIGHTS, MORNINGS. You're NOT Alone.
    Not Every day is full of Rainbows and Sparkling Glitter from Unicorns.

Get Some West and Wewaxation, courtesy of Bugs Bunny.

Thanks For Your Time!
    CHEERS!!

6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Find a flatbedder, insult his manliness, turn your head so the side with the broken tooth is facing him...then when he knocks that part of the tooth out for you, shake his hand, thank him and slip him a $20 for saving a dental bill. Take some Alieve® and get a good nights sleep.

7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    F em. No load is worth your sanity.

8. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Sometimes the camel gets one little straw too many piled on its back.
    Alot of people dont seem to think about that and say and/or do petty things to others.

Then one day the wrong straw gets piled on the wrong camel and they end up on the 6 oclock news.
    Hope you get home soon and get your tooth fixed -

9. RangerMelB

RangerMelB Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2022
    Eastern Kansas
    Surely there's an emergency place you could hit in DFW who could get that out of there for you, get you on antibiotics and a little pain med.. I think with that, you might feel a bit more human... I think I'd rather have sharp hard pain to deal with than that nagging 'never goes away' stuff... That will wear you down and contribute to that anxiety~!

10. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    ... you are too emotional for trucking :)...
    Its brutal!

11. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Maybe she had never actually seen someone sweep out a trailer before and was so shocked she was speechless and giddy at the same time so she pee’d her paints hence the waving arms dance.
    No?

oh well just trying to put some humor into the rude things people do everyday. Lol!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.