In Cab Cameras

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by shogun, Mar 7, 2018.

1. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    No argument. Management can only act on the info they have. The phone says text sent at XX:XX and log shows driving, truck is in motion on qtracs.
    We watched a video in grass roots on Wednesday were the camera picked up a reflection in the windshield of a driver on Facebook. He wobbled on the shoulder and set it off. A similar event would have to happen to any one sending a text to trigger a phone audit.

And yes that driver is free to drive a shopping cart as a customer but his driving here is over.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    To make things even worse, I had heard a driver had an issue at a store, notified his safety guy about said issue, and was told by said safety guy to text him pictures of issue.

As mentioned above, the pictures didn't fully send untill he was driving down road due to service reception.

foggy Thanks this.
  4. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    That has to suck. What triggered the phone audit the issue at the store? I would appeal that one to Crystal Palace.

My phone is for me, they give us cameras for their pics ;) JMO

5. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    I'm sorry to hear that you can be bought and sold so easily. Living on the modern day plantation sounds like a great place to be.

foggy, smokey12 and Oldironfan Thank this.
  6. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    No idea what triggered audit, I had heard small incident, scratched bumper or something similar. Message went into que, until stronger signal was aquired . Supposedly safety man even presented his phone records and vouched for guy, but the "crystal palace" in B'VILLE laid the hammer down. Sad :-(

06driver Thanks this.
  7. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    I dont really care for what you are implying. Everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how stupid it sounds. No matter what i say in response, you will always be right. Next.

joshuapowell61 and 06driver Thank this.
  8. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    I believe someone may have got fired for something like that but he didn't get a phone audit by random chance. Although i just took my second "random" drug test. Just had one a few months ago. Questionable....

9. WallyDriver06

WallyDriver06 Light Load Member

May 3, 2018
    Maybe dress more like a professional instead of looking like a kid and they’ll leave you alone. Taught one new breed that before and what do you know they quit targeting him.

10. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    I hope for your sake you learn to think before you say or type anything. One day you will learn to be like most adults. You know the ones that have knowledgeable, useful, and relevant information to spread. It's actually sad and quite pathetic that i can have a more intellectual conversation with a donkey than ill ever gather from you. You are cancerous to say the least. Keep trying to be an eThug or whatever it is you do day to day to get off. They have special places for people like you;)

joshuapowell61 and 06driver Thank this.
  11. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    my company (walton milk hauling) has them, they never bother me about it.....ever, so i really dont care. now if they were using it as a nanny constantly calling you about every little thing they dont like i would have an issue with that.

the way i see if, if you are paying attention and doing your job; and they leave me alone about it im fine with it. it CAN be used against you if you are texting (for example) and have an accident, but it can also save your butt. if you have an accident because some dumb 4 wheeler does something dumb, and the camera shows you are attentively doing your job it could save you.

might i also add that i am a local guy driving a day cab. if i was in a sleeper and living in the truck i might feel differently. that sleeper truck becomes your apartment on wheels. i would not want that in my sleeping quarters, we do have sleeper trucks and guys living on the road.... with milk loads going all the way to Wisconsin from ny

MilkyJay Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.