In Cab Cameras

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by shogun, Mar 7, 2018.

1. mike3fan

mike3fan Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2010
    michigan
    I think he's talking about phone reflection in the windshield if the camera goes off.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    Absolutely. The camera can pick up on phone light but if you aren't doing anything stupid while driving, it's no problem. I have my pandora playing while i drive and the light can be seen in the windshield if the camera were to go off. But we're allowed one touch action like skipping songs so no worries. I don't need to pick it up.

4. TransplantBadger

TransplantBadger Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Recently they canned a guy for the microphone picking up him saying “Siri, message my wife.” During a bad hard brake.

When they pulled his records he had all kinds of sent texts that still counted as texting while driving, because in a lawsuit they wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

Also, I gave a ride to a guy back to the DC from FAR away because he’d sent a text, then 12 hours later hit a yellow pole.

They’d rather have a parked truck 800 miles away than let a driver they consider “at risk” drive their truck.

Trailer in the dock, plugged the dock, and we rode all the way back to 25.

I heard every conspiracy theory there is. I mean EVERY ONE.

5. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    he must have admitted the text. you got 48 hours to turn in the 24 hour call and text log when the accident happen. after 48 hours of not turning in the call and text log. you go on non dispatch mode. on your 30th day of no call and text log u are toast

6. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    Lesson here is don't have preventable accidents. If a deer runs out in front of you, they don't ask for phone logs. Only when you are the reason of damage to either the truck or something else. You can be texting and on the phone all day and have 100 non preventables but that one preventable is all it takes.

I do not condone or approve of cell phone use that is not hands free or texting while driving.

TransplantBadger Thanks this.
  7. TransplantBadger

TransplantBadger Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2016
    And if he had a hard brake bad enough that they pulled his records, it probably wasn’t just ONE hard brake...

So don’t tailgate either.

Who the hell can listen to that much beeping anyway??

MilkyJay Thanks this.
  8. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    I'll never understand why company drivers with governed trucks and radar would try to push a car or truck going 1 mph slower. No patience. You want to go 75? Try another place.

TransplantBadger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.