In Canada we dont maintain roads...

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by mitmaks, Oct 9, 2017.

1. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Thats what my impression is when I was delivering load to Edmonton, AB last week. It started snowing /blowing wind last Monday and I stopped for the night in Shelby, MT. Ive seen plows go on I15 throughout the night. In the morning snow stopped and it was mostly clear by the time I got to the border @Coutts, AB
    Once Ive crossed the border thats ehen #### hit the road. Ive never traveled on worse stretch of road. I saw several vehicles stuck in snow berms meanwhile Im clinching steering wheel as tight as I can cause ruts in unplowed road are bouncing my truck all over the road. It finally caused my load to shift on my trailer. At least I wasnt stuck like several other semis and dually pickup
    Thank you for all that you do Canadian DOT.

joey8686 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Speedy007

Speedy007 Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2007
    In Canada you better get used to running on ice and snow. Half the time you cant even tell where the road is haha

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. fuller

fuller Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Canada
    Well, Canada does beat California, where they'll make you chain up when the road is wet.

Macneil and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. westernstarheavyhaul

westernstarheavyhaul Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2017
    If your load shifts it wasn't secured properly. And yes that was a freak storm that they weren't prepared for. I've also driven on ####ty roads down in the states lol

6. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    Try driving 11/17 ontario

Captain Canuck and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That's nothing. Try Chicago when flurries come to town. They salt everything in sight. Particularly the cursed tollway. When enough of that snow comes down the salted highways become snarled in pretty quick order. I considered what I recall as I-94 into Michigan So many doubles were getting stuck, and generally be facing me, the oncoming traffic while they are putting chain on the single axle tractors.

All chicago needs to do is hold off the #### salt. We will get to it soon enough.

fuller Thanks this.
  8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    The road condition is the least of your worries on those routes ...

For those that don't know...
    Could get eaten by a moose at a moment's notice..

orcen and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Not just there anymore. They are now invading the cities and eating babies. This is practically downtown Calgary!

[​IMG]

AModelCat, Bike rider, magoo68 and 3 others Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Hm. 4 magazines, maybe 20 seconds tueller drill as the charging moose closes for me...

That is something I hope not to have to deal with. We do have some bears and a few mountain cats in our area who will kill a human very quickly with that person never having a clue.

11. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    We had a moose try to attend a blue bombers game unfortunately when they tranquilized him he ending up dying from the stress of being chased 2 days through Winnipeg

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.