Inconsiderate Walmart drivers

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by FastEddieFelson, Jul 13, 2018.

1. FastEddieFelson

FastEddieFelson Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Chicago, IL
    What's with the inconsiderate Walmart drivers removing the back curtains? I Always use them for 2 reasons. 1. to keep my sleep area cooler/warmer because I don't have to heat up the whole cab. 2. prevents light from getting into my sleeping area which wakes me up.
    If you don't use them, then just don't use them but leave them there for others that do It's not your truck to remove them. it's walmarts truck

joshuapowell61 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    I thought it was a driver that took the curtains down in a truck i was assigned. Sometimes they need replacing and the mechanics take them out temporarily. If a driver took them down, they didn't take them home. Ask the shop.

joshuapowell61 Thanks this.
  4. FastEddieFelson

FastEddieFelson Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Chicago, IL
    was in a truck and the curtains were rolled & banded up (like when there new) . I took the band off to use them, then next week they were gone all together

5. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    Ive had them like that and have done the same. Just take off whatever the previous driver rolled them up with because he wasn't intelligent enough to know they have their own straps and that other drivers use the truck. But i never seen a driver intentionally take them out. I'd ask a manager either in the shop or office about it. Seems pathetic to me.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Why would a driver do this? I don’t get it.

7. MilkyJay

Jan 26, 2015
    The same reason drivers leave their unnecessary personal belongings in trucks that are slip seated such as bedding, sheets, uniforms, id, etc. Laziness

joshuapowell61 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  8. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I could never accept slip seating a sleeper cab. That's just asking for trouble.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    If laziness is the issue here, why take the curtains down instead of just leaving them up?

Or is someone stealing them to use in another truck?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Anyone who interviewed, and accepted this job was told this before they accepted the position. Put your time in, suck it up and soon enough most will have their assigned truck.

Or if some can't handle it, the market is great now. There are many OTR companies out there that would be more than happy to assign you your own exclusive truck to be in 24/7. If someone else uses the truck when I'm at home, as long as it is as clean as I left it I could care less.

I value being compensated fairly for the work I do, decent home time, and paid time off. I have no desire to live in a truck weeks-months at a time. I have a house, kids, hobbies, and a life outside of trucking.

11. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Personally, I've never experienced this.

What I have seen in newer trucks is the sleeper curtains still zip tied/balled up like they originally came from the dealership.

Also if this is the biggest gripe/concern you have maybe you should reconsider things.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.