Indian river transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by CalculatedRisk, Aug 26, 2022.

1. CalculatedRisk

CalculatedRisk Medium Load Member

Jul 26, 2022
    Space Coast
    I'm thinking about Indian river transport after I have my surgery. Are there any current drivers that drive for them that can answer some questions that I have?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HogazWild

HogazWild Light Load Member

May 18, 2022
    I was going to go to them or Oakley, and found out it's all beat up OTR trucks and you're basically running OTR-Regional tanker for maybe more than a OTR-Regional reefer or dry-van driver..

Just my 0.02: If you're going to run tanker don't do it just to not be a dry-van or reefer hauler. Get perks

I'm still looking for a good tanker company; the best seem to be O/O power-only, though... Was offered $28.00/Hr, full-health, overtime after 40, and 401k from Love's for a night shift fuel delivery driver out of TN. That's all I've found better than the OTR tanker companies so far...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  4. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Just got an email minutes ago...

Screenshot_20220901-225523_Email.jpg

5. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Not sure how good FXI is, but I'd see them transload right there in the tideflats.

That is if your name is Washington, and not Toyota.

6. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @TacomaCatdaddy --

Unless/until Indian River starts their rumored new driver program--you may not get the reception from them that you are seeking.

The min 2 years of experience that they otherwise look for is probably much more recent that what you have.

I used to driver for Schneider.

Based on what I learned about their tanker division while I was with them (and since)--I would pretty much recommend that you avoid them.

Another tanker alternative: check out Tidewater Transit--they may well be much warmer to someone who's been out of the driver's seat for a while....

TERMINAL LOCATIONS | tidewater-transit

Tidewater considers newly-minted CDL holders--and has a terminal in Jacksonville, FL.

--Lual

Speed_Drums and CalculatedRisk Thank this.
  7. HogazWild

HogazWild Light Load Member

May 18, 2022
    "Late model Peterbilts" That's not what I see in Atlanta every day; I even seen Cascadias... .60 and resets home was what I seen, though

8. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Which company are you referring to?. Indian River is almost all Peterbilt 589s (Ive seen two Internationals). Based on unit numbers, the oldest one is probably a 2019.

If you have spotted IRT Cascadias I would love a pic.

CorsairFanboy Thanks this.
  9. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Ask away.

10. CalculatedRisk

CalculatedRisk Medium Load Member

Jul 26, 2022
    Space Coast
    Do they allow you to take the truck home? Also, who is your Health insurance provider? Do they come with apu's? What is considered OTR to them? Do they make you do in NYC?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.