Indian River

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Tanker_82, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Tanker_82

Tanker_82 Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks bud. I don’t blame IRT for the breakdowns. A mechanical failure is out of anyone’s control. My fuse was a little short already, and like you said, being right on top of Thanksgiving didn’t help much.

I called earlier and explained everything to Laura at the Clovis office. She’s one of the better dispatchers at IRT in my opinion. Comparable to the way Tony was when it comes to being driver friendly and a problem solver, which says something. I didn’t want them thinking I was walking away or going AWOL. She’s going to get with the shop manager and try to see what’s going on.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    They took care of me. I got issued a 2018 Peterbilt earlier today. They also apologized for everything that took place this week. So...I am back in the saddle and getting ready to put er in the wind.

4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    It's nice to at least feel like your appreciated, isn't it. I had a breakdown in April and Freightliner said it was going to be a week to repair.

Company got me a rental car and told me to clean out the truck and come to the terminal. They gave me a brand new 2018 Cascadia (we run Freightliners exclusively).

Tanker_82, Suspect Zero and Vic Firth Thank this.
  5. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    Congrats on the new truck

Tanker_82 Thanks this.
  6. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks

Vic Firth Thanks this.
  7. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    It sure does.

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  8. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Light Load Member

May 8, 2013
    nice. Frank, do you also work for IRT?

9. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    No, but but they're high on my list if I ever need a new gig.

Tanker_82 and Need4Speed Thank this.
  10. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I’m still rockin and rollin. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and the New Year is treating you guys ok. I stayed out 5 weeks then took a full week off. Came back last week, loaded in Hereford Tuesday morning, delivered in Arbuckle, California Thursday, dead headed to Prosser, WA and got washed then loaded in Grandview WA Saturday morning. Delivered it in Denver this morning then dead headed back to Hereford which is where I’m at right now. Loading for another Arbuckle CA in the morning just like I did exactly 1 week ago.
    3,655 paid miles is what I came out with this week. 1 big triangle. I like running the West and Northwest. I actually threw iron last month on Lookout Pass where Idaho meets Montana on I-90. A lot guys shut down that night. I considered it, but I had plenty of hours left and was feeling adventurous so I chained up and kept er in the wind lol.
    Stay safe. Over and out.
    Larry

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  11. Evomalo

Evomalo Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Glad to hear you're still doing well there. I imagine most of your loads puts you
    at max weight. Do many shippers and receivers allow you to take your breaks on their property? Most van and reefer places kick you out after loading unloading.

Tanker_82 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.