Indianapolis 465 loop accident

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by sevenmph, Jul 14, 2019.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    In Indiana, trust me, they will!

sevenmph and thaistick Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Lol... I have to laugh at those that say you didnt used to see this many CMV wrecks... Your right you didn't SEE them, that doesnt mean they didnt happen. You also didnt SEE when a Chinese prodigy piano player was killed in a car accident, or some stupid teenager in Russia taking pop shots out his window with a pistol, or the president of the united states getting a little "strange" on the side, or the family owned diner in Argentina get burned to the ground cause the cook caused a grease fire...

Technology has made EVERYTHING more visible in todays society... Are truck crash rates rising yes, partially because of the quality of driver in said trucks... And partially because the overall numbers of truck is also rising...

I dont kniw for sure but I'd imagine the CMV crash rate has been on a steady climb, For decades!!! probably at a slightly steeper climb than overall truck numbers. But not much steeper.

spyder7723 and Lepton1 Thank this.
  4. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
  5. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Here is the latest to happen to this creep. He cops a plea deal "guilty but mentally ill"
    Pollard’s plea agreement, now approved by the judge, calls for the truck driver from Missouri to be sentenced to 3 to 9 years in state custody.
    Truck driver who caused deadly I-465 crash pleads guilty but mentally ill
    Here is what his lawyer, who negotiated the plea deal said:

“Five minutes with Mr. Pollard would convince anyone he has a mental illness and someone should have seen that before they certified him to drive,” said attorney Jack Crawford.

I want someone to explain that to the father and husband of the family who BURNED to death in the car he rammed into. The mother and twin 18 month old daughters. And if he was hired, where is his boss, or the Missouri State DMV examiner who gave him his license?
    Don't get me started.

6. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    And everyone thinks Massachusetts was bad with giving out licenses...

Bud A. and Studebaker Hawk Thank this.
  7. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    This guy has company out here for sure. I cant be the only one who has seen a driver that you could just tell pretty much clear as day that he has some serious mental issues...

The statement definitely holds true "They will hire anyone out here"

Pretty sad and scary at the same time.

Bud A., sealevel, mjd4277 and 3 others Thank this.
  8. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Studebaker Hawk and Bud A. Thank this.
  9. thaistick

thaistick Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2014
    OTR/Thailand
    Bud A. and HoneyBadger67 Thank this.
  10. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    Missouri. Again.

sevenmph Thanks this.
  11. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    Apparently this guy was on psych meds. I wonder which ones. I'm pretty sure most or all anti-depressants and anti-psychotics will put you on the 'no-drive' list. But then again, the driver would have to admit to that for the examiner to catch it in the first place.

I've definitely seen drivers who drive so aggressively that you know they have serious mental and/or emotional issues. I've even called in a few to their companies' safety departments, but you never know if they do anything about it.

I know it can happen to any of us to some extent. It's one thing to get ticked off by traffic when you're tired and having a bad day and maybe yell and cuss a bit while you're driving. It's an entirely different thing to tailgate, flash your headlights, cut people off, brake check other drivers, push people out of their lane with your rig. If you're doing any of the latter, do yourself and the rest of us a favor and get some help before you hurt someone.

RubyEagle Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.