Information on how it is now

Discussion in 'TWT' started by militrucker, Nov 23, 2010.

1. militrucker

militrucker Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Washington
    Ok so I turned in my application today for the TWT side since I was told thats where they're needing drivers. This is the position I wanted to start off in but I'm more then willing to go on the flatbed side too. I don't mind work at all, and god knows I could use a little bit of labor hahaha:biggrin_2559:. My ultimate goal is to get over to the tanker division but enough rambling. My question to anybody that works there is how's the miles, the staff, the equipment, and why do you enjoy working for this company? I should be starting at the first of the year. Thanks in advance guys

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kenworthw900

kenworthw900 Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Washington
    when i was in school my instructor said they are a really good company to work for i tried to get on with them but make sure they are your first choice to work for if you go with somebody else before them and arent there for a year then they might not take you which was the case for me but i've heard they are good.

militrucker Thanks this.
  4. militrucker

Aug 29, 2010
    Washington
    They're my first choice with Schneider as my second. I'm waiting on my call from Curtis so I can find out more just thought I'd try and talk to some current drivers to see how it is now.

5. kenworthw900

Aug 17, 2010
    Washington
    if they dont work try Watkins and shepard trucking thats where im going and nothing bad about them that i have read yet plus you do 10 days of training then your on your own cant beat that but i hope that twt works for you man good luck

militrucker Thanks this.
  6. militrucker

Aug 29, 2010
    Washington
    Thanks I apperciate that. I talked to the guy from Schneider today that does all the hiring and he was telling me how most of his regional drivers usually don't get over 2300 miles. I was like what, then wtf are they doing cuz I know most drivers I've talked to average 2500 or more.

7. kenworthw900

Aug 17, 2010
    Washington
    Yea do call watkins shepard every driver on there thread is super satisfied with miles and the company i would go with them before shneider but TWT would be a good company but their training i thought was rather long

8. militrucker

Aug 29, 2010
    Washington
    I figure I could use a good trainer for awhile since I'm gonna start driving in the dead of winter. The way it's looking so far here in the NW we're in for a rough winter. I actually have a app for W/S too that was emailed to me. I just think that going out on my own after 10 days might be a little dangerous for me and the people around me. I'm really just waiting on my call from Curtis, Schneider called me the day after I turned in my app but Jim my instructor said he should be getting a intent to hire letter sometime this next week from TWT. I'm hoping I get it.

9. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    TWT has an excellant safety record,

even better than that other company everybody likes.

10. kenworthw900

Aug 17, 2010
    Washington
    yea true but my friend just got done with the 10 day orientation and he says they teach you everything you need to know but i totally understand about the winter driving lol so hope it all works out man i leave sunday for missoula

11. militrucker

Aug 29, 2010
    Washington
    Hey good luck to you too Kenworthw900. Hopefully I'll see you out on the road sometime and remember if your trailer beats you to the mile marker you might have a problem hahaha. :biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.