information on knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by crst trucker 06, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Oh I'll let them slide. :biggrin_2559:

As for Knight, no! You being someone that in your own words "have more miles in reverse than I have going forward" would surely know that Knight exists on cheap labor. Sure, most people do their week at Knight and move on but why steal from that driver in the seven days they work their?

The fact that you feel so passionate about Knight is funny! :biggrin_2559:

Last September I delivered a load on the Richmond yard. Any time you deliver a load to a yard you are expected to pick up a trailer off the yard and go deliver it for free. I got lucky this time, all I had to do for the honor of working for Knight was drop my load and deliver in Chesapeake and they were going to pay me the miles. Well the next day I arrived at the customer and it was a load of washers and dryers and the lumper wanted $500 dollars to unload it. Knight refused and I was told to take it back to the Richmond yard. I was never paid for that 140 miles. What a fantastic company.

Knight could care less about one driver, they only care about a thousand drivers nevermind they don't have enough miles for all of them. Fill the trucks get em out there, they will sit, 890 of them will quit and will have made a few dollars off of them. Now they have yet another company to clog up their resume with. Bigblue calls this "needing your hand held" I call it "your an idiot if you defend Knight in any way"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. statikuz

statikuz Medium Load Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Reno Nevada
    I haven't been doing this long but I haven't found this to be the case for me. Sure you'll generally have to do a local delivery to get an empty for your next load, but I always get paid hourly for it. Something like $10-12 per hour. Not a ton, but not for free either.
    I can totally see this happening though as I have had a similar experience. It all depends on your DM though, sometimes they will understand what happened and throw some extra pay your way, sometimes they won't.

4. tdishdog

tdishdog Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Have a friend with 13yrs that works there for nothing. .31 per mile. Thats not worth leaving home for

5. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA

No I'm just not defending you. Making things up because you had a bad ride at Knight is not what the site is about. And name calling will not do anything to help you come to terms with your failures at Knight, and move on.

Sorry but you just seem to lack critical thinking skills and need lots of adult supervision. Success in OTR requires independent thinking. Kind of have to be a self starter.You did not and still don't know much about the company you worked at. Many of your complaints show that. Should of read that employee manual they gave you in orientation. Knowing company policies and procedure can be a big help when problems happen with office workers and pay while you are on the road.

6. bigblue19

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA

Yep thats to low. But it's .29 if you are on the perdiem.

Well maybe DNA can keep drivers from signing on their and then they will have to raise the pay. Also they have a sliding scale so .31 is on runs over 500 miles.

There are drivers making .34 to .40 depending on when they started they keep lowering the pay. Guess recruiting is easy these days.

You would be surprised on how many company's pay even less . I talked to a guy last week who works for a company out of El Paso who is making top scale at his company which is .28 he started their 7 years ago at .25.

7. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    So if everyone does it, it's okay for Knight to bend a driver over the fuel tank and put it to them butt good??? (Pun intended! )

8. bigblue19

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA

This is a classic example of someone who day dreams during orientation and I thank DNA for bringing it to the forum.

. after a brief consult I am able to retort. Now when DNA went to Knight orientation and they handed him that employee manual I guess he missed the part where Knight tells their newbies that dropping a trailer in a yard is NOT delivering anything and that you are still respon to del a load since someone will have to deliver the load you dropped.

Now this would have had the seasoned driver who pays attention like myself running for the door, but since DNA was daydreaming and did not read the book he got into that shinny red truck, and now he is complaining. And to add insult to injury he did not get paid because he failed to write out a drop ticket and turn it in with his trip sheet because they do not pay on unsigned bills or he let the 24yr old prat DP roll him without meeting him outside the gate on his lunch break.

If you are not going to pay attention in orientation, then don't be so nice to them and let them roll you.

9. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    And there it is!!!
    only an office staffer would know the EMPLOYEES MANUAL that well!

10. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    and Only an office staffer would get so upset when people have the nerve to not agree with Knight.

I was under the impression this site was for drivers but obviously I was wrong.

Bigblue, nobody cares about your opinions about me and truly nobody cares about your views regarding Knight. Why is it that there is no good about Knight? Why do you and Knight insist on making going after those with differing opinions instead making the worthless company better? If bashing me makes you feel better because your children are worthless and your a failure on some kind of power trip then by all means I'm here for ya.

11. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Knight isn't a long haul company, we stop more, load and unload more, and waste more time at docks. Theory is we should get paid more. Since the company makes A Great Deal off these short hauls.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.