Insect windshields

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Canadianhauler21, Jun 12, 2021.

1. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Yeah, you don't even have to add the soap. Soaking it first for a minute or so works wonders. I'll just soak it, start the fueling, then wipe once it's started. It doesn't add any extra time. Not really.

The white road treatment in the winters doesn't soak too well. Dish soap takes that stuff quite well.

If you do that at the start of your shift and when you fuel, windows will stay useable. Some windshields I see are just disgusting, and the driver seems just fine with it. lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Another vote for Dawn and some vinegar. I put about a table spoon of dawn in for my 1.5 gal tank. Not a fan of the rainX fluid.

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  4. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Try driving the I-5 on a hot summer night in northern California. We grow a lot of rice here and all of those rice patties are flooded with water and full of skeeters.

Not my truck, but an excellent representation of what it looks like on certain nights of the year.

[​IMG]

5. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    A days worth of rock solid dead bugs will destroy a brand new set of wiper blades. Only use your wipers for rain. Using them for cleaning anything more than dust is a waste. Pull over and wipe the glass by hand.

slow.rider Thanks this.
  6. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    If you give half a gallon of that to somebody's abuela, and show her the nastiest house on the block it'll increase value by 10,000 minimum.

Redtwin and slow.rider Thank this.
  7. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Scrubblades disagree. And I'll gladly spend thirty bucks every six months over pulling over every fifty miles to clean my windshield.

8. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    I can usually go at least 150, but there ain't no rice paddies out where I run.

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  9. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Never heard of scrubblades. At $15 bucks a pop why not. I clean my windshield at the end of the day or when stopping for fuel.

10. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    You will know which house she cleaned as soon as you turn on the street. They use industrial strength fragrance in it

SoulScream84 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.