Installing a tool box to my reefer trailer

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Bpinar, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Bpinar

Bpinar Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Hello truckers. Is anybody install a toolbox to their trailer? I can't find a brackets for crossbeam. It seems unsafe to me just opening holes on the top part of the box and bolt it from there. Any thoughts?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    Most of the ones I’ve seen have a framework made that the toolbox sits in and the framework is bolted to the trailer. I suppose a welding shop could easily do it for a small fee. ;)

4. KDT

KDT Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Indiana
    I just bought a steel one that fit in my spare tire rack. Lined it with wood and put my chains, leaf blower and extension cord in it.

OldeSkool Thanks this.
  5. Peter_Bilt

Peter_Bilt Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2017
    slow.rider and Cat sdp Thank this.
  6. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    I bought one of those giant U brackets and bolted them through the crossmember with some poly from an old dump trailer liner for a spacer, 3F3830A2-7969-4E41-B9BE-1FD6549FD93E.jpeg

OldeSkool Thanks this.
  7. Joey_beaulieu

Joey_beaulieu Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2021
    Maine
    For brand new box trailers at the AGD dealership in maine we cut 2 pieces of angle iron weld them or bolt them to the crossmembers and then bolt them to the tool box. Make sure u use a flat steel plate inside of the box as a big washer for your bolts to go through in addition to using washers on the bolts. 3/8 bolts will do the trick. Looks great everytime.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.