Interview with SFI (Schneider Finance)

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Kevo The Trucker, Mar 3, 2017.

1. CT-Driver860

CT-Driver860 Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2018
    Richmond, VA
    Considering I worked there I do not think you’re credit was ran (my rep said no! 2/2018) approval is solely based on your business plan my credit is the worst and was given a 2018 Freightliner 33K with nothin down!! Would’ve been $500 down but the deal made for me was for trucks with 0-500 miles so I got lucky then again $500 down with a 500 credit score for 150K vehicle is not bad!

And what I mean by business plan is to tell them what they want to hear or honestly be realistic....

(Some people are just too honest which is nice but they don’t want to know that they want to see you can manage a truck and not be called home, miss a week and can pay the truck payment, can save or manage money well)

So,
    Can’t be in debt, first of
    Tell them half of your bills not all
    Keep family to a minimum
    Have money saved or at least say you do but not for a downpayment (helps for breaks down in the long run and they stress you to have at least 5-10K saved somewhere)
    If u want a lot of home time or tell them that why would they give u a truck?!how can u pay for your truck if ur always home!?, they want to hear “I plan to be out for a month !!” I had a plan but surprisingly I was able to be home more than I thought !! Made more than I thought or just as I expected but nothing beats the freedom of going where u want when u want! I do miss it

Micromanaging drove me away however no complaints with SFI and their process what so ever SNI on the other hand should let up and let the owners do them if it’s safe! No longer a company driver and don’t need to be reminded of what that feels like other than that great gig!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CT-Driver860

Aug 28, 2018
    Richmond, VA
    Correction it is checked but not much of an factor they look for repos, bankruptcy, etc

However they do not show up on my credit report so double check for free with credit karma I have no inquiries from them at all!!! But again I was told by my rep no not sure if it was because I was already a company driver or if the process has now changed being this thread is a year old...

4. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Welcome and good luck .

5. CrossettDriver

CrossettDriver Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Jamestown,NY
    They have some other company run your credit

6. CT-Driver860

Aug 28, 2018
    Richmond, VA
    Ok must do soft hit, I have nothing shown on my report. This going back to whomever said they have a hard it again things could’ve changed

7. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I am not picking on any particular post however if the advice is to not be truthful about debt, bills expected home time etc and SFI accepts you at your word you can live off a grand per week which is the average per lease driver per their stats and you can't you're not only lying to get the job you're also doomed to fail.

This is exactly the reason the failure rate is so high.

It's also the reason SNI takes their drivers for all they can.

drvrtech77, Opus and gentleroger Thank this.
  8. Av8torcrj

Av8torcrj Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I’m always amazed at the number of SNI OO trucks I see when I pull onto the company yard. Somebody have a general idea what these guys are making? Is it worth it? I only work part time and quite frankly Saturday I enjoyed simply washing the truck, vacuuming it out for the next guy, putting the 3300 weekly miles ( albeit a record since hired) in my back pocket and forgetting the place until it’s time to return. Unless the OO gig is fist fulls of cash, I just don’t see it but I’m open to learning about what I’m missing.

9. CT-Driver860

Aug 28, 2018
    Richmond, VA

That is VERY true however I feel certain parts may have been taken wrong because I also recommended SFI for those who can put the work in and not have debt or bills on their back!!! Who can Live in the truck or not go home often.....

All I’m trying to or was trying to say is if you were turning and your trailer tires hit a low curb, no damage obviously as many of us have done are you out there telling your boss, The Owner or whoever??......

I’m saying some things don’t have to be said and NO it doesn’t hurt to say I only have a phone bill and rent or maybe just car payments. They do not need to know your whole life, that is your business. Little things can have them turn you away because they think you have too much on your plate but that’s someone else’s eye maybe could help maybe could not but who are you to tell me that?

Again if you can’t pay your bills now why would you sign on for $1000 week truck payment?

It is for people who can manage money and can put the time in or people who have money and nothing to lose!! Or someone who can do it!!!

I’m not saying lie soley just simply YOU “SHOULD” not lay your whole ENTIRE life out! Something simple as I wanna be home daily to get my kids off the bus will have you turned away cuz it’s unrealistic BUT should be your call to make if you want to start leasing but Knowing you won’t be home to do that and can make arrangements if this is what you want to do....& If you feel you can handle this you have $850-$950 for the Fuel $1200-$1500 and $200$300 for fixed expenses or less.... and can run or willing to learn from the others as well as maintain you personal bills then give it a go

If you are already limping through life then you shouldn’t even be looking at a lease!!!!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Reason for edit: Edit
  10. CT-Driver860

Aug 28, 2018
    Richmond, VA

I’ve made good money there and some Make great... I can get you pics if needed

I chose to (being I live up north and house/family in the south) run to be home for 2 days north and south..... meaning I played around I didn’t care to make mega money as long as I had enough to cover my truck and my bills so making $3500 gross was good for me to do that my average was $4300 that was my sweet spot with home time and I’ve hit $4800-$5200 not even trying too hard just north & south because nobody likes the NE and it’s pays well enough for me (I’m sure if I was a real o/o what paid $2300 from SC-MA with SNI was probably 1k-2k more on a load board but it worked for me so I tune things out like what I “could’ve” been making on a certain load)

It’s about finding what “YOU” need to run and making that... all the extra was blessing !! Some can run off $3200, $3000 and some guys steady make $4800- $5500 they know how to run and will help if you ask. I learned myself how things go but things happen and you have to be ready like a load canceling or breakdown

You can subtract about $2500 in expenses from my gross to get what I’ve made. But it was always less I like to over plan to get back more usually $2300 in deductions.....

11. Av8torcrj

Av8torcrj Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Thank you for taking the time to write that. Just for clarity, if you’d consider sharing it, on average what are you personally depositing in the bank, free and clear of expenses, and how many miles per week does it take to meet that average? Thanks again for your willingness to share and explain. I believe what you say and don’t need photo evidence.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.