Interview with SFI (Schneider Finance)

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Kevo The Trucker, Mar 3, 2017.

1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Except that is not what most guys will read.

There is an over 45% wash out rate for SFI leases in the first year. Guys come in without knowing what they need, thinking they can get thru with hard work, then 6 months latwr they are so broke it ain't funny.

Juat please be careful in how you advocate for truck leasing/ownership so you don't emulate a snake oil salesman.

TennMan, drvrtech77 and CT-Driver860 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CT-Driver860

CT-Driver860 Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2018
    Richmond, VA
    $1200 when home 4 times a week ***** 1100***
    $1800 on average ****1500***
    $2300 when I actually ran and home once a week or twice (run smart go home with a load that delivers the next day nearby!)

I can’t tell you the miles on average I never sat to calculate.... if you REALLY need it I can go back in my phone and add it up later
    Mainly did NJ to SC SC NC TN and back up to MA

Keep in mind there’s guys effortlessly making more than that like $1000-$1500 more, I recommend knowing what you need to lay your bills, your truck and live your life so you don’t try and do what they do and be upset you can’t but when you learn how it’s a good feeling!

I went back to change but to leave what I originally said I looked at my last month and they go 1200, 1000,1400,1200,2150....

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Reason for edit: Pay accuracy
  4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Knowing what your bottom line cost are is important.. Many don't even know what the bottom minimum rate that they can run 4 to make a profit and pay all their bills and some...

5. Av8torcrj

Av8torcrj Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Thanks for the info. So I’m curious, if you were to bust a deer at 60 mph like I did last week on a rural Texas highway, would some form of insurance you carry cover the repairs in there entirety or would they have to come out of your pocket/weekly settlement? Also, what does a PM cost?

6. CT-Driver860

Aug 28, 2018
    Richmond, VA

I believe that would be covered by the insurance entirely bases on what you choose not sure about deductibles... but there’s still downtime involved so if no money saved depending on the damage and where you go wouldn’t want to sit too long waiting for it to be fixed.

But...
    You make payments (100-200 weekly or more your choice but they set the minimum amount) into a MMA....Managed Maintenance Account and you can use the money you have in there for so called out of pocket TRUCK expenses I’ve heard some say they needed approval for certain repairs (which is absurd considering it’s YOUR money) but the times I’ve called, I think 3. I was never on hold long or needed approval even if I didn’t have enough they sent assistance right away no question!

This wouldn’t have to be done if you can show proof of a bank account or credit card that can cover major bills 10-20K

I always got it done at the SNI OC so depending what you asked for it goes from $200-300... I believe my last one was 189 or 229$

7. CT-Driver860

Aug 28, 2018
    Richmond, VA

Be mindful again based on what you request to be done it can hit $300-500 for a PM

8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    The MMA is a fixed amount every week

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.