Is anyone else having any problems with Knight?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by am99gt, May 5, 2007.

1. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Well, since "blackjack" is 21, they use it for 2 weeks out 1 week home, but three weeks is also 21 days....

But I was told it was 2/1.

Kinda like the 7 and 7 or 4x4.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. popmartian

popmartian Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    gulfport new hires are told 2 weeks out 2 days off.

drivers are are getting low 1800 to 2000 to high 3200 to 3500 miles per week

starting pay .31 cpm over 500 miles loaded

no APU

Truck Runs 62 with cruise on and 64 in t top gear flat out

Road Relay requires truck to idle no more than 5 min unless you tap accel pedal at 30 sec before shutdown.(pain in the ###)

The Red Swift ?

MTY's are at customers not at terminals.

Pay is Daily (following you transflow your paper)

Driver amenities include ( 2007 volvo 670 with 400K and retreads) clean outside but worn inside and might smell like dirty laundry.

Drivers are treated like "Hands" don't expect them to jump at your request.

Bottom Line Knight is just another Big Trucking company with way two many rules.

Profit is Motive and Fuel is the BIG THING THEY WATCH

Refer division is small

Compliance is required at fuel stops (pilot 50 gal Terminals fill) they keep sending QC to drivers about fuel solutions.

My advise is to any one considering working for knight to be open minded and willing to submit to the company policies.

IF you work hard your miles will grow as the driver managers feed the Road Dogs.

4. truckingbear76

truckingbear76 Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Dover, Fl
    I am also looking into Knight outta Lakeland but SOLO. Can you post how it goes please.

5. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    since i've been running around in the central time zone for the last couple of weeks, i noticed as of yesterday morning, that my truck's cruise control and pedal speed have been cranked up. i can now pass the swift l/o's like they're nothing. i can also keep up with many of the local outfits. the pedal speed is 69 and the cruise control speed is at 67. it made for an interestingly fun drive through parts of kansas during last night into early this morning. :biggrin_2559: i've been dispatched on four loads that'll get me through the entire week. by the end of the week, i'll be near f.e. warren afb.

6. Sad_Panda

Dec 2, 2006
    HAMMER DOWN SON HAMMER DOWN!

While you can anyway. FYI the qualcomm doesn't sing "naughty" unless you break 80 AND touch the pedals.

7. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    So don't hit the brake ! The safety man :biggrin_25516: awaits ! I think my tired old retreads would laugh at me if I tried to go 80.

8. popmartian

popmartian Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    69 ON A NIGHT TRUCK OMG,

When they do your next PM at Knight expect that to be reset if not sooner.

Most Trucks have been upgraded w/ Road Relay. A computer that shuts the truck off when it detects temp between 34 and 73. drivers can not override it.

That results in no electric power during shut down b/c the batteries are old and will not sustain your DC power for coolers, TV,Fans, Laptops....they expect you to sit in your truck or pilot with the windows down so the night creatures can crawl into your sleeper and terrorize you. Look It's ok to Crack the windows and open the vents on cool evening in upstate New York, Try sleeping 8 hours with 95% hunidity in Fl on a Saturday Night.

The Real Problem is Planners and Dispatchers are inexperienced and have never driven. College Grads with a degree in Marketing at best. But their job is to find you freight and keep you rolling. Memphis is the only Terminal I found that had a good staff. The other terminals was like a College Frat House with a bunch of Momma's Boys....

The Knight Concept remains the rame. the will use you and abuse you till your so fed up you Quit or you Hang Yourself b/c you have got no where else to go.

Knight is no different than Swift, JB, Schneider and the Other Top 10 Monster Fleets.
    They will tell you what you want to hear, like good home time and new equipment and plenty of Frieght. But then you average run is less than 500 miles Actually you are likely to get 300 to 400 miles aver per day and sit around the shippers and recievers waiting for an MTY after you Drop your loaded trailer (except for Wal-Mrt).

OTR is 2 to 3 wks out not Home Weekly so don't give me that HOME EVERY WEEKEND BS, weekends are usually a layover. Gulfport terminal sends you out to a point far from home where you will run small delivery area (regional) Like NY, PA, VA for 2 weeks and then when you want HomeTime (2 weeks out 48 hrs off) DM will try to (HA HA) get you a load back home (two days late, and missed your weekend off with your loved ones)

Nothing bugs me as much as I have been told "Yea we can get you home" But they find a Hot Load that has to be Rushed to a customer! Same old BS...

POPMARITIAN@LIVE.COM

9. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Knight drivers that say their trucks can go 69 are mistaken. Fleet trucks do not have accurate speedometers. At least the 6 I have had didn't. What my GPS tells me is quite different (slower) the speedometer.

10. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    oh, i have been hammering it down. ^º¿º^ it's been fun seeing the looks on other drivers' faces as i've passed them. if only i still had my chicken broadcaster.....i'd like to hear what's being said.

got a load going to so-cal. gonna see about having it dropped off at a yard while on my way. it has enough time on it for me to get it there 3 days ahead of time. i also don't want to be confined to speeds lower than 62. i'm having too much fun being able to go "fast". the only other time i can zoom is when i'm home, and driving my car, or riding my crotch rocket.

11. Sad_Panda

Dec 2, 2006
    I'll tell you what's being said from other Knight drivers! **** **** **** ***** ***** *** *****!!!!!

:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.