Is anyone else having any problems with Knight?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by am99gt, May 5, 2007.

1. jubajajo1

jubajajo1 Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Ill say one thing and one thing only, you take it from there. I read in the truckers news for the month of may, it had mr kevin knights picture and article, he said he wants to run his company the same way as he was taught to,when he worked for SWIFT, he has accomplished that goal.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I read that too. Who would read that and say "yea that's who I wanna drive for!" ?
    You got miles? Yes but not enough for everyone.

How's the hometime? Shut up driver

What's your idle policy? Easy, the trucks don't idle.

Forced per diam? Get out

Honesty? Why are you talking in Spanish.

Yea Knight...F YEA! ra ra ra

4. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    What is ironic about the Knight story is they parted company with Swift, allegedly because they didn't like the way Swift was ran. I heard that at orientation. I guess I was lied to from the very first day. Imagine that!!!
    I understand that the Knight terminal in Phoenix and the terminal in Columbus, Ohio were formally Swift terminals until Swift outgrew the facilities.
    They are just like Swift, except smaller.
    We should call them Swift Lite or the Scarlet Swift.

5. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Having driven for a Swift o/o (DSW) for several years B4 joining Knight, I saw them turn into a "Swift Wannabe." That's what I refered to them as B4 leaving...

6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Gee you all, I haven't had any problems with Knight since 2004!:biggrin_25525:

7. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Is that when you escaped? How was it prior to that?

8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Yeah, I left them and went to a local job. And how was it? Hey, if it had been anything worth while, I would have stayed with them. I just got sick and tired of being jerked around over loads, fighting to get my CORRECT pay that was owed, and dealing with their C.S. health insurance.

Other than that, it was just F&%^&*G wonderful.:biggrin_25523:

9. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

e
    I hired on with Knight Dec 2003 and it was just starting to change to what it is today.....

They were pretty much a 'driver's company,' catering to good experienced drivers, until they started growing beyond 800 trucks. But one of Knight's problems has always been being understaffed for their business, let alone in growing their business. The results have and are a mad house of incompetnce in the offices and shops due to ppl just trying to keep their head above water in the 'heat of battle.'

Bottom line: Another Utah trucking co. where $$$ over-ruled keeping and maintaining good, loyal employees!!:biggrin_25513:

Big Don Thanks this.
  10. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    knight isn't anywhere near organized as swift is. swift is light years ahead of knight. most of the people i dealt with in their offices actually had a clue since they had some OTR driving experience. their safety people were on "casual" status. so, yeah, they were drivers also. my driver manager had been a driver and trainer for 16 years before becoming a dispatcher. my fleet manager had been a driver before, too, and he was effective.

11. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Those Swift daycabs you see out on the road are actually shuttling trailers across the US. They drive out 300 miles swap trailers and drive HOME. Knight could never pull something like that off, never. They can't even pick up one way junk freight ontime. Not to mention that would create to many happy drivers and then you have the whole driver retention thing hurting the bottom line.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.