Is anyone else having any problems with Knight?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by am99gt, May 5, 2007.

1. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas

Wow! Beat total strangers much?

As long as your friend keeps digging up my old posts and inserting his rage filled remarks with name calling, I'll be here. You might as well turn your head or just go away. Meanwhile I'd work on that anger thing, it's only an internet message board.

Where did I do that? You and Blue want to talk credibility and then within two sentences your making stuff up.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Sounds like someone needs to practice what they preach. but then agian, you probably pay as much attention to what you post, as you do on how many posts you have made versus how many you claim to have made.:biggrin_2559::biggrin_25526:

4. bigblue19

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Yep weez all just making it up. A guy who they drop kicked off their property and claims they call him to come back is much more believable:biggrin_2559:. Your year old anger due to your failures at Knight a year ago are to be revered, while people who talk to real Knight drivers today are liars.:biggrin_2559:

5. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    No actually I quit with an open invite back. Why would I take them up on that and where do you get your info from?

Sound like ol Blue works on the inside of Knight. What a shame he has to reduce himself all the way down to talking to the commoners. Probably the person that assigns him the duty of logging on here hates him worse than he hates himself. I don't see any good about Knight on this board. Why? Because.....(crackle of the vinyl)...Knight sucks. They expect a driver to work for free.

6. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Having worked for Knight for 5 yrs (thru both the good & bad times) and left Knight & the trucking industry over 2 yrs ago for retirement, seeing the economic depression on the way, I have to side with DNA over the most likely recruiter, bigblue. Cmon, blue, you a 20 yr driver who really likes Knight, a low-dollar/cheap freight co. who looks for newbie drivers with min experience?!!

Now DNA is like most truckers and fishermen---we all tend to embellish the situations, but he is from what I have seen a relatively truthful person with an 'big' ax to grind with Knight.

Having been gone from Knight for over 2 yrs, and hearing about e-logs, etc. I cant see the job situation with Knight as having gotten BETTER!!

My question to blue is, "Why are you so staunchly defending Knight??" My only answer is that you are a recruiter/mgr, most likely out of the Portland term, unless Knight FINALLY got a decent term in Seattle other than the postage-stamp dirt drop yards that I used to go to, and you do your 'evil' work up there..??

You're intentions are very suspicious, to say the least..!!:biggrin_25511:

7. crc32

crc32 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2010
    North East, Missouri
    I was going to post this in another thread, but.... I drive for Knight. Been back here for about 3 months now, but my wife is now wanting to get her cdl and join me on the road. I look forward to it, but I know I wont be able to do that at Knight. The teams I have spoken to, aren't happy and Knight requires atleast 6 months xp anyway.

8. statikuz

statikuz Medium Load Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Reno Nevada
    Nope, they still have the postage stamp dirt drop yard. :) But the last time I was there I talked to the security guard and he said they were moving to a proper terminal. Guess the next time I end up out there I will have to go scope it out. Would be nice.

9. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    OR, he could be like me: Been driving almost 20 years, worked for companies big and small, owned my own truck for 7 years, and just plain don't want to bust my ### anymore. Don't mind a day off, here and there. No longer have to drive the fastest truck out there just to prove I am a "real" driver. Not thrilled with elogs, but realize it is coming to most companies, large and small. Like having steady freight along with the choice to run the lanes that I want to run. Making decent money, but not great (I would always like more money, but I don't want to work much, if at all, harder.)

This is not to say that I don't look at other driving jobs, but I've done OTR, regional, dedicated, and local, and I am comfortable here at Knight. They DON'T screw me, I would walk in a heartbeat if they did.

Right now, I am on a 1200 mile run that I loaded late Friday evening, and it delivers Tuesday at noon. BUT, I am happy with it, it gives me a chance to get a motel, kick back, relax. I didn't have to take it, my DM asked if I wanted it, he knows I like to have a day off on the weekend, especially if it is a holiday.

I'll still have 2600 for the week (nothing compared what I used to run in the "old days"), and that is enough for me. Money ain't everything, at least to me.

So, maybe Bigblue is just tired of people trashing him for having found a job that he likes, but that others don't.

BigFurls and statikuz Thank this.
  10. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    A driver's experience at Knight all depends on their relationship with their driver manager and their division manager. So far, I've been really lucky this past year.

As far as e-logs, there are ways to legally manipulate the sysyem to maximize weekly miles. So far, I've logged 685 miles in one day without going into violation.

Success or failure at any company depends on the individual and their attitude.

statikuz Thanks this.
  11. bigblue19

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA

I never got paid at a OTR company based on what the company got for the load or how much the load was worth. And if every company required 2 years OTR then not to many people would be driving a truck.

Recruiter or Manager? :biggrin_2559:I have said before and I will say it agian.There is no good OTR company in my experience. Only degrees of bad. They all suck because you work long hrs and get paid for half of them and you live in a box and eat crappy food and the old lady is boinking the guy next door while you are on the road for weeks at a time.

But the person I talk to who works their going on 3 years does not and has not had the problems DNA had. Why? because he allowed it and she does not. In fact she is on her way to Seattle now and has been home 5 days this month and still has 6400 miles for the month so far. She's happy And I'm happy because the new yard is closer to my house then the old one so when I pick her up I won't have to drive as far.:biggrin_255:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.