Is it just me or are young adults under the age of 25 just plain lazy?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Trucks66, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    My dad used to throw us some cash for helping out every now and then but we never got an allowance Lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
    I'd rather be floating around the Mediterranean on my yacht with beautiful Greek women feeding grapes and cheese...lol

JoeyJunk, VinceBlack and dwells40 Thank this.
  4. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada
    I cannot comprehend kids not having chores.

We had many, that was just a part of growing up.

5. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Helicopter parent. Had to look that one up.

My 39 yr old brother, as a teen had this friend whose parents thought was the Messiah or something. They always talked about how “gifted” and intellectual he was. We were at the bowling alley and the Messiah tried his messianic game on a girl. She turned him down. We all laughed and I told him that he had no game. He laughed too.
    Next thing you know, I hear from his father (who until this moment was a friend of mine) and his mom about how their gifted son needs no game and that girl should have considered it an honor to be asked out by their son. And they reprimanded me for bullying him. Are you serious???

JoeyJunk, Pamela1990, rogueunh and 9 others Thank this.
  6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    People have been talking about how "the younger generation just ain't worth a ####" ever since Adam and Eve. And the generation of babies being born today will be saying the same thing one day. Things are constantly changing and always will be.
    I'm an old guy but I won't slam another generation. You can say the Boomers or the Millennials etc. screwed/are screwing this or that up, but in truth all have made valuable contributions to the quality of life we have today.

7. rogueunh

rogueunh Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2011
    I like the term Lawnmower Parent the best.
    Always running out ahead of their kids, clearing away any obstacle that may arise for them, etc.

8. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    I don't miss those days. I also don't feel sorry for my kids, since that's their job now. Me getting revenge on them for something my parents did is just good parenting!!

9. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    But what skills did he actually learn from lack of hands on experiences?? Thats the point of a job during school..learn to manage both because life doesn't always take it easy on you either and sometimes you have to be uncomfortable or you won't survive.......

10. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    He did work for 2 months at Walmart before leaving for college since he had so much time on his hands since he graduated. So we can check off that all important work experience.

gentleroger Thanks this.
  11. 501knight

501knight Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2021
    No, you are correct and they are all snowflake. That's why I quit training.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.