"Is this going to affect my bonus?"

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by not4hire, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    that has been mostly my experience upto 190k or so

but I have had them take all day as well

Tug Toy, cke and not4hire Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Razororange

Razororange Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    Amazing what can be learned by waiting for the entire story instead of reading a quick summary.

A bunch of people blaming the driver or company for being too cheap to buy a permit. Turns out they did buy a permit and in the process of trying to safely move a load off a public road they ran into the wrong cop.

Should they have called? Yes. Maybe they were working on that and there was some miscommunication and the driver moved too soon. Nobody here really knows.

Chances are the majority of that fine will get tossed in court. But that wouldn't make for nearly as exciting of a story.

Tug Toy, cke, Ruthless and 2 others Thank this.
  4. haulhand

haulhand Road Train Member

I'm not saying what they did was right. I'm just saying what I had heard of the situation. I agree with the others that it was probably just somebody's incompetence and laziness showing its face.

Tug Toy and cke Thank this.
  5. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    And/or some jurisdiction showing its clout.

6. beastr123

beastr123 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Moose Jaw SK CAN
    My guess is the permit guy at the office got distracted and never got the breakdown number in time

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I can understand where you’re coming from there.

Articles like this are misleading, especially when seen by the general public. This would instantly lead people who wouldn’t otherwise know better to condemn this driver as a total menace to society who deserves nothing less than to be burned at the stake for endangering the life of every child, kitten, and puppy within a hundred miles, while the same load somewhere else would be totally legal with the only difference between them being the right piece of paper in somebody’s hand.

On my way to work this morning I was wondering if some sort of trivial BS was at work here.

8. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019
    The same people would be complaining because their favorite ice cream wasn't at the grocery store, the latest video game didn't arrive, the drug store is out of Tampax... People dont bother to think. No trucks=no nothing.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  9. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    What makes it right?
    Without the “Mother May I” paper he was illegal. We take your money, then get the “Mother May I Pass” and suddenly he’s legal. Weight didn’t change, awful bridges held and didn’t collapse.
    They still say its about safety.
    Tgat paper doesnt make me feel safer, I just wish they’d tell the truth.
    “Give us you money and we’ll let you go by..”
    Didnt the mafia use to do that and call it “protection fees”?

Rcranch81, LoneCowboy, Tug Toy and 4 others Thank this.
  10. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Yep. Theyre all toll roads when youre in a big truck. They just dont have a defined fee chart for us. From zero to bankrupt and anywhere in between

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  11. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    More a matter of enforcement being very weak but when they do enforce rules it’s by the book.. These guys took a lot of slack awhile back when a certain truck was driving down the road with 6 outta 8 trailer wheels missing . They’ve been working more after that it seems..

not4hire Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.