It is decided: I will be training with Wilson Logistics (Wil Trans)

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Gambosa, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Gambosa

Gambosa Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I realize it has taken me a long time to make this decision official, but it has allowed me to find a wonderful company to train with!!! It will also allow me to spend some time with my family before heading out on my new journey. My daughter and niece will be graduating college in mid May. My grandson is graduating high school around that same time and will be heading to basic training for the Army National Guard. I will likely miss birthdays for most of my family that has not already had them this year, but I may be able to see my family that does not live in Oklahoma a little more once I hit the road on my own. I am also guaranteed to be home for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so that will be very nice :-D

My lengthy search has paid off: or so it seems at the time. I will try to keep other drivers and potential drivers up to date with my story once I begin training (though I will be much busier). I plan to drive for this company for a very long time. Thanks to everyone who advised me along the way!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Congratulations on finding a good company to train with. :thumbup:

I do have one favor to ask, though.

Please don't be one of those bozos who park behind another truck that is fueling and leave their truck to go inside the store. Especially at a small or busy truck stop. Like the Love's in Santa Nella, California. :tard:

It's a good use of your time to slip in your mandatory 30 minute break at your fuel stop, but you can do this without blocking other drivers from fueling.

I'm not implying you are going to become a future Parking Princess, but rather I want to share the road with other drive who are courteous, and don't think the world is their toilet.

Thank you for your support.

alds, 9dogknight, COBB2070 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You'll be ridin' in style in those Wil-Trans trucks.
    Click here if anyone else is interested > Our Trucks

Bluedew, COBB2070 and Gambosa Thank this.
  5. Gambosa

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I really love the looks of their Peterbilt's (most likely ends up with a Freightliner, but hey, they're really cool too) lol They also have a really sweet bonus for anyone who stays 5 yrs & again for every additional 5 yrs!!! I found them via an ad on here and read some reviews and filled out an application lmao So far they have been wonderful :)

COBB2070 Thanks this.
  6. COBB2070

COBB2070 Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2018
    SoCal...The OC
    Congrats. I've been lurking and searching for a while too.I wanted to stay in CA for training, that way if I do fail, I have less distance to travel back home. But I came across JP/Wilson Logistics and thinking of maybe that route.Seems there's better talk about them than CRST/CR England/Swift. Good luck.

Dreazz75 and Gambosa Thank this.
  7. Gambosa

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Thank you! Good luck to you as well :) I haven't really heard anything bad about Swift. They have a terminal very close to where I live, so I was going to go with them, but they required me to get my DOT physical (which I did, but now don't need lol) & CDL permit before going to school. I currently have an out of state driver's license for a lengthy explanation of a legitimate reason, therefore I would have to transfer my brand new license in order to get a CDL permit, which would cost me more. I does look like we considered many of the same companies though. Will you be brand new to trucking or do you have some experience under your belt?

COBB2070 Thanks this.
  8. Gambosa

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Also you could apply with Prime & attend their school in Utah. That would be a little closer. I feel like you will do just fine though :)

COBB2070 Thanks this.
  9. COBB2070

Jul 8, 2018
    SoCal...The OC
    I've been driving non-CDL here in SoCal since October of last year. Mostly local (under 150 air miles) from the yard. But some regional in SoCal to NorCal and just a few out of state trips to Oregon Washington and Nevada. Lucky enough to have two assigned trucks (no slip seating).Isuzu NPR XD 16' box for local mostly and a Hino 268 boxfor dock height runs and more regional and heavier loads (bigger lift gate with higher capacity). Because I have a DOT medical card, I can run out of state, and that's 50/50 on what truck they want me to use depending on the load. But when I say "no slip" that doesn't mean the truck I'm not driving doesn't get used, it/they do. It just means that all I have to do is adjust the seat and mirrors because our slip drivers (part timers) are good about cleaning up after themselves.

Gambosa Thanks this.
  10. Gambosa

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    You should be good with Jim Palmer/Wilson then, if you decide to go that route. I asked because my recruiter has told me they do not train anyone who has already driven a class A CDL truck.

Metallica88 and COBB2070 Thank this.
  11. COBB2070

Jul 8, 2018
    SoCal...The OC
    Sounds good. I'm waiting until the first of the month to fill out the full app. Mainly because I posted this question on the forum...

Accident reporting on applications...

Had a no fault accident and wanted to see what other drivers had to say about handling it on the application process. CRST and Swift know about it (the other companies I've looked at for training and a job) and don't seem to care much.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.