JB Hunt Chicago

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by EuropeanTrucker, Aug 11, 2020.

1. EuropeanTrucker

EuropeanTrucker Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Their website says 58k-68k working 4 days a week. How much these guys really making? Could I work 5 or 6 days? What are the hours like? Assigned trucks? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I don't see how that's possible they aren't oil field they can throw numbers out all day though don't make it so even if everyone's paycheck little different as stated previously no oil field pay. those people will pay good money for hard workers that's why they will hire felons without a care because they know they need a job mostly because of the box they have to check they are desperate and will do anything get ahead.
    the oil field is good money but it ain't for the weak you must be driven good chance you will lose a limb or finger from a former roughneck point of view

EuropeanTrucker Thanks this.
  4. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    It’s definitely possible. JB dedicated accounts are legit. You should end up making around what they advertise. Depends how hard you want to work. What account is it?

5. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Also, if you call a recruiter and give them the job code from the ad they should be able to answer all the questions in your post.

6. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Chicago jobs need to pay that much to attract drivers at all. After all, UPS is on a big hiring spree there. They have become a competitor to everyone in the area.

7. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    That said, I would definitely plan on working 12 to 14 hours for those four days a week.

8. EuropeanTrucker

Jun 15, 2018
    Thank you. It was intermodal account.

I spoke with the recruiter and he was saying different things from what their drivers are saying.

I spoke with 2 JB Hunt intermodal drivers and they are telling me that they work 4 days a week for 10 hours but could work 5-6 days (run out their clock). I need some clarification.

9. EuropeanTrucker

Jun 15, 2018
    I would probably try UPS but don’t wanna start part time or as casual. I have decent job already but I’m trying to see if I could possibly gross at least $1800 a week at JB Hunt.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  10. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    UPS is hiring full-time off the streets, but mostly for teams.

11. EuropeanTrucker

Jun 15, 2018
    Yes, I saw that. That ad has been up for months on indeed. I asked around and no one wants to do teams. My brother rather do UBER than teams again. Lol. Thanks

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.