JBS Greeley

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by LDLWells, Apr 13, 2020.

1. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    I'm not sure how many of you pick up here but I know someone that works here. They've been offering bonuses for people not to miss their shift. The article doesn't mention the deaths at corporate:

JBS meatpacking plant in Greeley closes

truckdriver31 and 650cat425 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I am long time away from meat packers. However the time I have been with and inside of them is essentially herd management of people who really would prefer to be doing something else if they could.

I don't think any corporation would reveal the deaths inside their structure it will only scare off others.

Last week I was in a position that we are not too badly off with meat industry and after this afternoon Im tempted to consider for once that we are looking at a systematic problem which will become clear to many within another week.

Meat is not something you can just close and leave it for two weeks. I cannot really imagine such a scenario because if I was say two hours behind with a meat load there is murder fixing to be committed against me in the old days, now they are willing to essentially not feed a nation for two weeks. Its crazy.

They should have federalized or brought in replacements to keep the plants running whatever they had to do even if they do not process as fast being 10 feet apart or whatever.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.