Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    One thing I would add to what Alan said, whenever they asked me to swap with a driver that needed to get home, I did. In return I have had driver's swap with me, to get me home. The only time I did not get home on time was due to weather. Most of the time we a day or two early

Alanp613 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Stuarts Draft, VA
    Well cool, Olde Goat I would hope that being JCT is quite a bit smaller than who I currently drive for it would definitly have more of a team and family atmosphere as I am one that truely believes in the Pay It Forward philosophy. And as I stated in my first post Olde Goat your thread hear has been very informative. It has answered many many questions and definitly took any major doubts out of my mind but just like any major adventure such as this I am a lil nervous but that is to be expected. But I do feel confident enough in all of the research Ive done, blogs Ive read, drivers ive talked to, etc that I have talked a good friend that swore up and down against leasing into joining me on this venture at the risk of loosing a good friend. I will keep looking back here but Im not elidgable to go to orientation till the first week of feb but once Im accepted and I head out I will keep yall posted.

hwy40blu Thanks this.
  4. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    There are lease purchase programs out there that are horrendous. I researched this one quite extensively. I have owned several business's, and never have I owned a building for them. I have owened 2 restuarants, and bar's, a rental hall for wedding receptions, and 2 computer stores. I have done well in all of them, but I never owned the vessel they were housed in. What's the big deal about owning a truck? This has been said many times, by Alan and myself.....if you run it as a business, you will succeed. I have been here 2 years, and I have been sitting home since September. I still have money in the bank, and we are having a great Christmas, I hope you do the same. Everyone out there Merry Christmas, or the holiday you celebrate this time of year
    Larry, & Cathy
    (the olde goat, and the princes)

hwy40blu, Vette1967 and Alanp613 Thank this.
  5. sha

sha Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Before you can trade up on trucks, you have to be there for 90 days and you have to have 500,000 miles on your truck. Whaen we hired on it was a first pick first get on the selection process

6. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Stuarts Draft, VA
    Now that they failed to mention to me Sha, about the truck having to have at least 500k on it. I was just told that if I didnt get what I wanted at the selection process at orientation then after 90 days I could put in a request for the one I wanted and for an APU and as soon as one was available then they would route me to the yard to pick it up. Does anyone else have anymore insight on this??? And how do the OS&D claims work??? is it pinned on the driver period? be it a live load or a preloaded trailer?? Any and ALL info that yall seasoned JCT could pass on to me would be greatly appreciated. I have already made up my mind to come there in febuary and have yet come across a deal breaker that would cause me to change my mind. And oh when you do get to the end of your lease do they cut your miles back, try to FORCE you into another new truck and lease, try to force you out the door or any bad things like that or is it pretty simple, you hand them the $1 and they hand you the title and shake hands and all are happy???

7. sha

sha Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2010
    The OS&D is pretty simple. They have never pinned one on us and have never herd of them doing that. You just call the OS&D dept.or your DM and give them the info on the OS&D and they will give you a number to write on your bills. We dont ever have that many claims. As far as the lease buy out,
    after you get your truck paid off, yes you just give them a dollar and they give you your title. I only know of 2 drivers sence we've been there to pay their trucks off.

8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Probably been asked already, forgive me if so, saw an ad for JCT in the little truck stop booklet talking about $.97 for teams split. Do they hire company types for that?

9. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Stuarts Draft, VA
    Thanks Sha, I was able to talk to another JCT driver this afternoon and got lots of more good info. Im definitly not shy about asking questions when it comes to spending that kind of money and working that hard for something you want to do and the sacrifices you and your family have to make. One other question that I have come up with is on the older trucks do they have shorter lease terms or is it just the some term across the board but with lower payments?? My goal if at all possible is to pay it off early to increase my earning potential for the long run.

10. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    There are certain circumstances where you might be charged for product damage up to your deductible. Make sure you have load locks in place, and you have enough to hold the load

11. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    the older trucks are 4 years i believe

no cut on miles, mine is paid off in may.

hwy40blu Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.