Job Termination

Discussion in 'Prime' started by UsualSuspect, Jun 8, 2018.

1. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    For you Prime guys that may know. I referred a friend over to Prime, he was fired from his last job for performance reasons. He said they were upset he takes a few hours to respond to client emails that are not an emergency, and they didn't feel he was a good fit with his skills. I told him to be honest on his application and with the recruiter, he said he was, and Prime gave him a bus ticket and a date. He is afraid he will show up, and Prime won't hire him, and he will be stuck in St. Louis, cashless and homeless. I asked him what his recruiter said, according to him the recruiter said it could go either way, they need to interview him about it when he gets there. I offered to buy him a ticket back if they don't hire him, but he said it's not my responsibility, it is his. He said he is thinking about not going since the recruiter can't say if they will accept him with it or not. he has his CDL, has had it for years, I gave him money for him to test for his endorsements, which he passed. He can't afford a refresher, so he will be signing a 1 year contract, and drove for 6 years in the late 80's/early 90's. Anyone from Prime know if chances are good they will hire him? I offered to pay his bus ticket back if it doesn't work out, but he won't take the offer. I hate to see him go to a really low bottom feeder.

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    If Prime wont get him home if it doesn't work out
    then they are not worth going to in the first place

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Why don't you make a few phone calls to Prime. They've always had a policy they don't hire anyone that's been fired from a job in the past. One guy was sent home when Prime discovered he was fired from McDonalds during high school. The guy posted on here about it.
    Stevens Transport and CRST probably cut some slack for him. CRST contract is usually 6 - 10 months and Stevens is 12 months.

Metallica88 and Oldironfan Thank this.
  5. UsualSuspect

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    You know that, and I know that, but he has a lack of recent OTR experience, and not many places will pay the round trip if they decide not to hire you. It is a practice that needs to stop.

FullMetalJacket and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. UsualSuspect

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    Steven said they would not take him since the termination was from his last employer. CRST offered him team only, and he doesn't want to team, said he would go to CRE before he teams.
    I am hoping it works out for him, loosing a job he knew he wasn't qualified for when they hired him, wife left him when the $$$ ran out, and he is an empty nester. I keep telling him to move out of Cali for starters, then look.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  7. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    That is a little on the ridiculous side.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

jsnell, Dave_in_AZ and shogun Thank this.
  8. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    Call Millis. They don’t play that silly game.

9. sleepily

sleepily Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Somewhere, Rhode Island
    I can understand the sentiment from an employers standpoint (why invest time and training in an employee who has shown a track record of getting fired from simple jobs (like McDs)).

OTOH, getting fired from a burger joint used to be a right of passage through adulthood. (Fast Times)

10. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    What needs to stop is people looking at truck driving as a last resort to pull themselves out of the gutter. They're desperate and willing to work for next to nothing, and drive wages down across the industry.

11. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I dont think its going to be a problem tecnially if they are asking him to come in.

The recruiters make money/incentive on successful completions of the program. It isn't in thier interest to suck as many people in as possible just to fill up a class.

They just want to see if he's a chump or not. I think his attitude will be the deciding factor.

FullMetalJacket and UsualSuspect Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.