John Christner trucking don't do it!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by tuckerthe trucker, Oct 5, 2018.

1. tuckerthe trucker

tuckerthe trucker Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2018
    I'm posting this from my experience as a lease operator with JCT...I wasn't going to say anything or post anything negative but over the last month or so I've gotten emails from JCT regarding my truck and invoices telling me I owe them 4,050 dollars for repairs.... Then I got a collection report stating I was being turned over to a collection company... Let me start by saying Do not fall for their pitch... They are not a trust worthy company family down to earth all that is BS to get you in the door in a truck. I chose JCT out of desperation. I had gotten in serious debt leasing from my previous employer and jumped from company lease to company lease. . It wasn't a good idea but kept me from being homeless and broke ..I read all the good things about JCT and how everybody loved it and made great money... Oreintation was alright the process was easy but choosing a truck was limited and I didn't get what I wanted. I ended up with a T680 2016 it had a lot of problems from the start including a seriously broken DEF system and the APU was shot. I worked for JCT for 3 months and spent well over a month and a half in a KW dealership and a Carrier dealership... I wasn't compensated for any of that time wasted and instead I was charged ... I started in the hole and left in the hole. The final straw was staying in a hotel in Denver CO broke and stressed. I also had a bad tooth and I couldn't get it pulled cause I was broke.. I ended up getting on with another company I left my truck in Denver CO at the dealer after waiting a week flat broke and in constant tooth pain . When I contacted JCT to help me before I left they couldn't do anything except hold a payment which I was already 2 thousand in the hole from repairs and towing charges... Long story short I learned a tough lesson in a life of trucking. Company driving does suck but lease purchase no matter how great it sounds and how much freedom it might offer will provide you with nothing but stress and misery... Nothing is worse than being in pain and not having enough money to go to the doctor or buying medicine. This JCT lease was supposed to be a walk away lease but now I'm being charged and it and too be honest after everything I went through with the piece of junk Truck they leased to me I think their pretty dishonest and crooked... They also tell you if you don't like your truck you can get another truck which was also BS . They told me when I was hired that I would stay moving no matter what well they lied ... I gave them my notice over a month before I left and instead of routing me to there terminal they kept me out west ... I finally had to quit and it wasn't the way I wanted to but I had no choice and now I'm looking back on it with no regrets but a lesson learned in life as a trucker...

Texas_hwy_287, arni, JReding and 8 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Did they charge you to recover the truck??..you said you abandoned it in denver..

Texas_hwy_287, stwik and TaterFox Thank this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    jumping from one bad lease to another, who is really to blame, when you could have easily gotten a company job..??

as far as "walk away lease's" doesn't that mean if all your payments are up to date?

for instance, i am leasing a car, sure i can dump it, but i still gotta pay off the lease, or THEY WILL charge me for the balance.

good luck to you, but i highly suspect that by now, you have been blackballed (credit wise), from obtaining anymore leases, at least with, a reputable company.

5. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Another fleece purchase sacrifice

6. 12BSEEN

12BSEEN Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2018
    There is such thing as a reputable lease from ANY company.

7. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Well, at least you finally opened your eyes to the ripoff called Lease Purchase.

Just make sure you never forget that there is no such thing as a good lease purchase.

8. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    They don't call them, "fleece purchase" for nothing, OP. Get a company job to get back on your feet. Save up and buy your own truck without one of these thieving LP deals.

9. TIMPTE 527

TIMPTE 527 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    You're the reason company drivers are treated like scum. Glad you got spit out the bottom. Have fun never owning anything again with that collection on your record. How's that tooth feel now?

10. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Good job jct.
    This is not a bad company.
    They done nothing wrong.

Again, from now on,I'm on the companies side of all
    Fleece purchase deals that end with the driver
    Going broke.

Until one driver shows where the company done
    Something illegal that wasn't in the contract that they
    Signed,then they have nothing to complain about.

You broke the contract and abandoned their
    Truck in Denver.
    And now your telling us how terrible they are. Lol.

11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    WOW.....like, harsh...

Dale thompson, buddyd157 and DSK333 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.