Jubitz

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Dave_in_AZ, Dec 26, 2018.

1. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    I thought Boise Stage stop was the Best truck stop out there these days?
    I just hear this- Never been to Jubitz or Boise stop- The T&A by Seattle only- And I wasn't impressed AT ALL.

Dave_in_AZ and stwik Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN

I like that bar even though I've been asked to leave a couple of times for talking politics,,,, I think they'll let you put one of their midevil helmets on your head for a picture

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2019
    Reason for edit: Fixed quote
    Dave_in_AZ and Omega1 Thank this.
  4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    The Stage Stop is about the only old school independent T/S that comes close to living up to the reputation that the old timers rave about. Jubitz, TTT, Tennessean ... etc, all pretty much suck to greater and lessor degrees.

The best ones seem to be the old independents that have affiliated themselves with a major. Albert Lea, Iowa 80, Breezewood ... etc.

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Nuttin wrong with the Tennessean. If you have a problem with that place, you might want to lower your expectations.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Jubitz has everything you could want for a relaxing 34 hour break. Hotel, movie theatre, boot shop,mail services,deli,restaurant,C stores, bar/lounge. It's not a bad place to stay for a 10 either, full truck shop,truck wash and portapotties all over the parking lot so the drivers don't have to walk too far.

tucker and flood Thank this.
  7. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    Seems like anyone here not liking some of the really good truck stops available must be devoted Pilot/Love's supporters. At least any stop offers valuable parking either a small lot up to a mega lot but at least the larger truck stops like Iowa 80, Jubitz, Albert Lea offer quite a few extra amenities. Surely a sit down restaurant is more than enough to want a driver to offer fairly decent reviews providing the food is good or the service is worth stopping for.

8. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    I look at it like this-

As Long as you keep my coffee cup full and Don't just put a plastic carafe on my table, Its a Step ahead of a T/A petro.

Waitresses have changed- Hard to Find the Good ones anymore- But When I do, They are Tipped very Handsomely.

9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    That Petro in Albert Lea is for yuppie tourists.

One of the few TA / Petros that tries to steal from us on the price of fuel. The Love's across the street is a lot cheaper after discounts.

Jubitz is a hole.

SteveScott Thanks this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The food at Jubitz is so old, there were a couple guys using pieces of broccoli and cauliflower they got there for wheel chocks and jack stands.

Sirscrapntruckalot and SteveScott Thank this.
  11. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    The last time I was there, the movie was "An Inconvenient Sequel", which in case any of you may remember is part 2 of Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth", the docu-drama movie on global warming that won him an academy award and started the man made global warming movement, making him billions of dollars in the process. That may give you an idea of the quality of movies they get in there.

stwik and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.