just left knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by shadowdaddy, May 25, 2011.

1. shadowdaddy

shadowdaddy Bobtail Member

May 25, 2011
    They gank you the insurance. It pretty much doubled from one year to the next, and it's taken out every week. On a slow week it still gets taken.

Dint happen that often, but it did happen.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Just a thought, but I've met a couple of 'happy' Directv satellite installer techs who own their own van/SUV that they worked out of and contracted to Directv. Dont know the specifics about $$$, but they were intelligent guys in their 30's who liked working outdoors (I live in AZ, hot in the summer but pleasant thru the winter!) and they seemed to have good attitudes.:biggrin_25511:

4. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Good 'ole Kevin Knight huh....... He's quoted in the latest trucker as saying " he doesn't understand why his CSA rating is so bad" and how this bad rating could affect a public company.

No sheet bud.... think maybe it might be time to tighten up???

Pick up the trucker and read the CSA article. This group of shippers were being told not to use a carriers CSA score as a factor when considering a carrier........ really? Yep, seems their trying to scare shippers by saying if they use the score and we have an accident then they can be party to the suit.

5. shadowdaddy

May 25, 2011
    Yeah, I don't own a van/SUV, but thanks for the suggestion in good faith...

6. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

How bout a small pickup with a topper ? :biggrin_25525:

Wish you God's best in whatever endeavor you try...OD

7. shadowdaddy

May 25, 2011
    Yeah, we got a 10 year old car that needs work we can't afford. Another vehicle isn't even on the radar. See: worked for Knight.

8. Erick chapel

Erick chapel Medium Load Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Fontana CA
    What the heck does a roofer have to do with trucking man? How can you get fired for hard breaking?? He should've got a metal for not killing that poor guy on the hwy!

9. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    All trucks have the capability to record hard brake incidents. JB Hunt uses it to fire drivers after so many incidents. Knight uses them too but not for disiplinary purposes. I'm sure lots of companies use them for informational reasons.

10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    There is a lot of Knight bashing here but it would be nice if you would disclose the branch terminal you ran out of. The terminal you run out of makes a difference huge difference with regards to many common day-to-day issues.

Yes, Knight as a company has some issues but some of the smaller terminals (Tulsa) could take pretty good care of their drivers from the perspective of good runs, miles, and reasonable home time requests. If it wasn't for their idling policy, no APU's, lack of trailers, and no longer paying for a monthly truck wash, I'd still be there (if I could continue to run out of Tulsa) But these issues to me are a deal breaker, but to others are minor.

11. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Problem is, some Terminals really hunt out people who post here.

FinallyTruckin Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.