Just scaling out my options.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Barbeque, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Check out old dominion, estes or saia. They would love to have you guys aboard.

Good luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    OD is hard to get into period. They retain drivers more than other companies for a reason.... it is a great place to work. Health insurance is great, better than R+L. Pay is also substantially better. R+L, Estes, OD will have a team truck for you.

Also hear there is good team money in those straight trucks with the sleepers. A lot of those sleepers are really tricked out too.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
  5. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    Im with Fedex ground like op. But Im on a dedicated run. Wild or window runs suck. We gross $1927/ wk each. Out 5, off 2. Bennies not good at all, but health insurance available.
    Better than any OTR I did for 20 years.

6. IndianaMike

IndianaMike Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Hey guys. My wife and I are team drivers at R+L carriers. Been here almost 5 years. We have a dedicated run and home daily for 3 to 4 hrs nightly. We both gross 1970 week. Turn and burn. We have great benefits. I have a thread on here from day one. It's called husband wife starting at R+L carriers . I dont know why R+l gets a bad rap out here. It's the best job we've had in 27 years trucking. We will retire here. Good luck

7. Ray Strack

Oct 13, 2017
    R+L gets a bad rap because they are a crap company. I pulled so much crap equipment with them in the brief 3.5 weeks I worked there. Their yards are complete junk. I was offered a job at a better LTL company and took it instantly. Better equipment, yards, pay, benefits, everything. Real life.... they are a step up from CT and Holland.

8. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Your experience and mine are completely different. But I can't change your mind. There was a period of a few years where we werent buying new equipment after the recession. We now get a new truck every 18 mos. And we have lots of new pups and dollies.

9. Ray Strack

Oct 13, 2017
    I ran for R+L a year ago. I'd pick them over companies like CT, Holland, roadway, etc., but not sure if I'd pick them over XPO. Certainly not over Dayton or OD, and I'm not looking to be worked to death so I'll pass on FedEx and UPS.

Glad you're happy there. Maybe they treat team drivers better than their line haulers.

IndianaMike Thanks this.
  10. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    I've never been solo linehaul with them. I've only dealt with Louisville ky and Pensacola FL solos. They all have been here a long time. The new solos come in and want the best runs and dont want to work their way up. These guys end up quitting. Every company has its problems. I hear horror stories about all of them.

11. Ray Strack

Oct 13, 2017
    I run for OD. Have the best reviews I've seen yet on TR. No horror stories here, this place is great. Happiest people I've ever seen at work. Naturally, some people just love to be negative no matter how nice it is.

IndianaMike Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.