K and B sucks

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by motor263, Sep 26, 2019.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Say what ya want about k@b but they've been around for ages and been entrenched in IBP long before Tyson bought them .
    Driver friendly ? Heck no ! ..but from the view of a trucking company they are very well leveraged and well run .
    They arnt going anywhere .
    Meat packers pay well but they are hard to do business with and as fickle as the they're customers are .
    It's no coincidence that carriers with high turnover are meat haulers and some such as my carrier that dates back to 1932 have ventured away from packers only taking the loads they want .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Anyone see the current KB ads on Craigslist?

Big shiny blue truck and they say 80000 a year. I doubt if anyone there makes 40000, and for that you get the hell harassed out of you.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  4. Donttruck

Donttruck Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2019
    No lie here. Stay away from these devious ########. They sucked 17 yes ago and still do today.

5. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Back when I used to drive for Trans Am in the late 90’s hauling out of the Dakota City IBP plant K & B used to do the yard shuttling and jockeying. I remember seeing a number of times where the KB yard mules would damage trailers and even hit other trucks, then deny any responsibility for it. Also there was a report on a local TV channel near the Newburgh, NY area about NYSP cracking down on trucks along I84 area and interviewed a KB driver who was shut down due to fatigue, actually playing the phone conversation between that driver and his dispatcher. The dispatcher could be clearly heard yelling at that driver saying his paycheck was more important than getting rest. And there’s the number of times I’ve witnessed stupidity by that company’s drivers. KB is western Iowa’s version of CRST.

drvrtech77 and bzinger Thank this.
  6. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Every time I see a K&B thread, I have to laugh. I spent five minutes talking with the K part of K&B about 20 years ago, we happened to both be in the trailer dealers office at the same time harassing the salesman. The scorn he showed for drivers in that short 5 minutes made me decide right then I would never ever work with K&B Transportation.
    That type of attitude towards drivers is infectious, and it doesn't go away, ever! I'm sure Ken is retired by now, but I'm also almost as sure that attitude is Alive and Well in his boys, just based on some of the threads I've read here.

Bud A., jon69, Dale thompson and 4 others Thank this.
  7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yep hes well known for that in and around Sioux city .

Bud A., Hammer166 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. frontrange

frontrange Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Northern Michigan
    That would mean there would be a lot of meat loads that the shippers would want others to haul for a dirt cheap rate that K&B hauls it for.

9. frontrange

frontrange Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Northern Michigan
    770? I guess the value quanity over quality lol

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    What was he saying about the drivers?

I’m glad I never worked at K & B. From what I’ve seen they probably don’t care if they keep drivers at all.

11. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    It was nearly 20 years ago, so I don't recall the exact words. I only remember being stunned after I asked the salesmen who he was after he left. They just shrugged and chuckled at the look on my face.
    He didn't know me from Adam, and just totally disparaged the drivers he needed to make his business thrive. Hell, I was insulted, I didn't work for him! Thing is, I would have agreed with him had he been talking about the bottom of the OTR driver pool. He wasn't, it was every driver.

When I was with PBX, K&B was having trouble keeping up with their swinging moves, so IBP asked us to help. They used the IBP-owned drop-frame railers.
    One of the runs was Denison kill plant to Norfolk cooked meat. Funny thing was, K&B didn't allow their guys to run the direct route, even empty. The direct route drops off the bluffs on the Nebraska side, and winds through the Loess Hills on the Iowa side. Somewhere along there, the a K&B truck turned over one time, and they were banned from running that way, and had to run the river valleys of 275 and then cut across to u.s. 30. It cost those drivers over an hour a turn in extra driving. Screw that micromanaging BS of treating every driver like an idiot!

mjd4277, Bud A., Dale thompson and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.